IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Week #2 - Squish'Em Sam

I just scanned the English sections of the manual (it's a fold-out poster). The manual does state you receive points for "Jumping over a Creature" (200 points).

post-3-1194555668_thumb.jpg post-3-1194555680_thumb.jpg

..Al

I guess I would have been looking for the manual for a long time then, I have the poster hanging in my gameroom :D I didn't remember the instructions were on the other side.

I guess I would have been looking for the manual for a long time then, I have the poster hanging in my gameroom :D I didn't remember the instructions were on the other side.

It took me a few extra minutes to find this manual, as it was stuck with a batch of CV manuals that are larger than 5" x 7" (which I have all conveniently sorted in plastic drawers). :)

..Al

Getting better

Jumping over whites.... manual says it can be done, but I haven't been able to live through it yet.

Edit... Wait, Wait! I did it! 3 times I did it now! The trick is........... (see tips below) :)

There have been a couple times where I was killed and NOBODY was around.... glitch?

post-5519-1194574229_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blackjack

Here's my Tips:

1) It's Squishe'em Sam not Avoid 'em Sam. You get 300 points for squishing a monster while your on the move, so the best strategy is to squish all the monsters, not just make it to the top which is only worth 1,000. Take your time and squish everything you can.

2) Always pick up the prizes, there is one for every level. They earn you an extra Sam.

3) After the first monster on each level.... Only move up 1 level at a time. If you try to move more, something will fall on your head. Relax, the game isn't timed.

4) If your trapped and Have to jump a white monster, hold up on your joystick all the way through the jump. Your timing still has to be very good, but you can make it. These white monsters can't be squished, only jumped.

All my other high score clubs are suffering since we started Colecovision..... The CV is quickly growing on me, I didn't have one as a kid.

Edited by Blackjack

< Starting to wonder if Duncan is a real human of some kind of Colecovision machine!

Dude is there any CV game we stand a chance against you in? :P (readying to PM the king with next weeks suggestion :ponder: )

:D

There are many, but of course I can't tell. :ponder:

All we need to do is to look on Twin Galaxies and find the (few) games Tom doesn't have the highest score for :P. Although I suspect that no matter what game we play Tom will beat us anyway :D

Damn....i gotta play a little more. I've played this game to death and still get only around the 35k mark.

I don't wanna be last. :D

Don't worry we won't laugh at you for being last. Just remember what the great Ricky Bobby once said "If your not first, your last". That makes us all losers with you, except for duncantoml of course.