IGNORED

¡ ! Warning! Danger! CGE / Halo Conflict ! ¡

Jeffy Arensmeyer

You think an overrated modern shooter would make 2600 fans miss a CGE? Fuck Halo.

I mean that in the nicest way possible, believe it or not.

By way of qualifying that statement: I hope you do really well in the tournament, and I hope you show us an image of the prize when you win it. :D

Nice Chris

You think an overrated modern shooter would make 2600 fans miss a CGE? Fuck Halo....I mean that in the nicest way possible, believe it or not....Nice Chris

To embrace modern games and consoles while neglecting classic games is just as foolish as neglecting the modern for the classic. The debates about modern console superiority may rage on, but today's modern games and consoles will be tomorrow's classics. :ponder:

A true video gamer has a particular favorite system, but will also enjoy all video game systems and games. :cool:

ò¿ó              smiling_to_games-2.gif

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm addicted to many modern PSX and PS2 games. I love 3-D shooters and exploration games -- Doom clones, the Medal of Honor franchise, even Duke Nukem and Syphon Filter...these are the worlds I wake up with, spend time inside after work, etc.

So, well-stated. Being "loyalist" about anything is almost anti-fun. My point was that the CGE seems more "special" than anything concerning a run-of-the-mill new game like Halo. But that's my opinion and my taste only. I just wanted to see if the F-word still got censored on the new board. :D

CF

Well yeah I do enjoy Halo, but I'd still pass it up for CGE

(btw I'm not going to either). ;)

But yeah I don't go into this whole 'modern vs. classics' B.S.... because to me, fuck.. every one of the classic consoles/games was "modern" at one point in time, and they've never really quite left that point in my mind (or at least I still see them in that light). Halo, Colecovision Donkey Kong.. what's the difference. If you've kept up on your videogames throughout the years, it's the same and you're just buying the "current batch" :P

Incidentally this 'conflict' reminds me of 2001 and the NWGCE and the annual Atari 2600 tournament at Hi Score Arcade here in seattle were all being held on the same weekend... that I was moving! Needless to say moving took top priority that weekend :(

That's part of my point. I'm going to miss the CGE, which focuses largely on Atari and the 2600. :)

The post was meant for the people that like all games, but might not wander out of the 2600 forum. Kinda like a heads up. :D

I've noticed that there's literally hundreds of members around that I rarely see. It seems that many of the AtariAge members dwell only in certain areas. This was merely an effort to get the word out to gamers that might be interested. :cool:

ò¿ó          smiling_to_games-2.gif