IGNORED

Missing in action 7800

Habaki

You need to send some money to Mitch, check out all the details here all the numbered ones are gone.

The game will only play on an NTSC console

Yep, give money to Mitch and you will mystically get a MIA cart in mail. Also you need to know emulation on this game blows chunks compaired to playing it on a real atari as the emulation is very poor for this title and it only works right on a real console so if your liking it via emulation your gonna love it on the real deal. Besides emulation is only good for development purposes IMO.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Yep,you DEFINATELY HAVE to get the game cart from MITCH,HERE AT AA!.A very excellent job by all involved,EXCELLENT GAME!Emulation will not and never has given a %100 feel of playing a game on a AN ACTUAL CONSOLE,the GREAT 7800 in this case!

Edited by Rik

The cuttle cart is just a glorified version of emulation IMO.

Running real code on original hardware - sram vs eprom code storage makes a difference? :ponder:

:P

to me yeah.

I disagree (and quite happy with the CC2) but to each his own.

Yep,you DEFINATELY HAVE to get the game cart.

Or the ROM on a Cuttle Cart 2. :cool:

How? Where's the emulation? All that's being changed is the storage medium, its still playing on the 7800. Emulation would involved *not* playing it on an actual 7800.

How? Where's the emulation? All that's being changed is the storage medium, its still playing on the 7800. Emulation would involved *not* playing it on an actual 7800.

I'm a purist. Original form or not at all. In this case if the cart was not made at Mitch's house it's not an "original". As the same goes for any 7800 title say Donkey Kong was released by atari cart format. I'm pretty sure you get what I mean. It's just my own thing.

I'm a purist. Original form or not at all. In this case if the cart was not made at Mitch's house it's not an "original". As the same goes for any 7800 title say Donkey Kong was released by atari cart format. I'm pretty sure you get what I mean. It's just my own thing.

OK. I got to tease a little.

Well if it's not on a production rom than it's not like the original. If it's on an eprom "it's just a glorified verion of emulation", to quote a guy in Canada. :cool:

Allan

Well if it's not on a production rom than it's not like the original. If it's on an eprom "it's just a glorified verion of emulation", to quote a guy in Canada. :cool:

Allan

Pretty much with very few exceptions here and there like proto's with only 1 in existance if you have to get a repro then you have to get a repro in those cases. I would still have it on a unique cart though, which goes back to my habbits of collecting\playing once agian.

I'm the same way. I have zero interest in the CC2 and would probably just have it collecting dust if I owned one. I'm at the point where I don't even consider a non-boxed version of a 7800 game a "real game" if I can help it.

Simulation and emulation are two very different things.

The CC2 is a 2600/7800 cartridge simulator.

Emulation implies that the hardware necessary to process and run the ROM files is being Emulated on the console end. With the CC2 - It's not. You're running on real hardware. Original 7800 hardware. It's simply a different cartridge format.

No different than running a multicart on the 2600 or a "Brain" type cart library device.

Shawn, are you putting down the carts you made for me? Where do single cart reproductions fit in? I do not put them at the same level as the original releases, but they do have their own dedicated carts.

Depending on your answer, you can send me a $5.00 refund. :D

Edited by Atari Dogs