IGNORED

Another joystick adaptor

atari8warez

Low cost USB joystick adapter  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What is your interest level for buying a USB joystick adaptor for your Atari Joystick (To be used with emulators - Single joystick support per adapter)

• I will definitely buy one
    • I will definitely buy more than one
    • I will probably buy one
    • I will probably buy more than one
    • I already have what I need
    • Not interested

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hi people, I am toying with the idea of building a low cost, USB joystick interface for the Atari joyticks to be used on a PC with Atari Emulators. I would like to find out the interest level so that I can make at least a semi-educated guess about whether it is worth the time and effort. I know that one adaptor already exists (Stelladaptor), the idea and emphesis here is the low-cost. I actually had someone asking me about this, that's how the idea came along.

Edited by atari8warez

Hi people, I am toying with the idea of building a low cost USB joystick interface for the Atari 8 bits. I would like to find out the interest level so that I can make at least a semi-educated guess about whether it is worth the time and effort. So here goes my poll questions:

So the idea is that you can plug a new USB joystick into your classic 8-bit hardware because classic 8-bit joysticks are getting harder to find in usable form?

Sorry guys, looks like I've confused you all, what I am talking about is an interface similar to Stelladaptor. I'll update the original message so nor more confusions.

In that case, I'd want one... I have a Stelladaptor, love it, and will be buying another (or another something like it) when/if I ever have money to spend on "frivolous" stuff like Atari...

What price point were you shooting for? Ballpark figure only...

Sorry guys, looks like I've confused you all, what I am talking about is an interface similar to Stelladaptor. I'll update the original message so nor more confusions.

In that case, I'd want one... I have a Stelladaptor, love it, and will be buying another (or another something like it) when/if I ever have money to spend on "frivolous" stuff like Atari...

What price point were you shooting for? Ballpark figure only...

That's the subject of my next poll. Trying to determine what price people is willing to pay for what features. If you take the second poll that will be a great help for me to determine a fair price.

Edited by atari8warez