IGNORED

I am lazy so I made this.

midnight8

I.m sure its been done before because go d knows I am not very inventive, but was wondering if anyone else has done this and how they did it. I used a pole posistion cartridge with a couple of momentary push switches to make a select and reset button that I could sit next to me cause I am to lazy to get up and push the buttons. Obviously very easy job and the origional buttons still work. Just ran a couple of rca plugs out the side of the 7800 th plug this up with. I didnt really think about it or I should have done the pause button also. Will probably redo with different connectors and maybe something other than a cartridge.

post-15685-1194819473_thumb.jpg

Edited by midnight8

Nice, it would be nice to be incorporated into a joystick, as long as you don't hit reset by mistake!

How did you connect it up?

I opened up the 7800 and connected a couple of wires to a push button to test before I did the work.. I just found the looked under the buttons themselves on the board and touched the wires to them until I found the combination that made it work. Then I drilled a couple holes in the side of the casing and mounted a couple of rca plugs ond soldered the wires to the bottom of the board. It is very ugly because I suck with a soldering Iron. Then I just soldered the 2 wires from a stereo audio cabme to the push buttons and mounted them inside a pole position cart. I actually wanted to put them in the controller but I only have 2 7800 controllers and didn't want to mess them up. I also never use the 7800 controllers I always use a master system controller on my 7800.

While you're in there doing the pause switch, turn it into a TV Type switch as well. You could use a SPDT switch with a momentary contact on one pole for this. Push it to the momentary contact and release to pause a 7800 game, or push it to the other contact to put a 2600 game into black and white mode. This actually pauses some 2600 games, so it should come in useful.

I have the 7800 sitting within arm's reach when I'm playing. The pause switch, although helpful, is still difficult to reach when the phone rings.