IGNORED

DC Slient Scope and light gun

I'm sure a light gun with a rifle scope like the arcade would cost huge money... maybe as much as the system itself. I guess it just wasn't practical or cost efficient. And who would spend that much money for a light gun that could be used with only one game?

I have Silent Scope and think it works well with the controller. Incorporating the zoom function on-screen was a good idea. The only problem I have with this and other light gun games like this is I don't think the game itself is changed any to compensate for the fact you're not using a gun and therefore can't respond as quickly. It makes it difficult to advance very far into the game, especially when the continues are limited.

And that's another gripe.. what's with continues being limited in a home game? In an arcade you could plunk in quarter after quarter if you want and keep going. At home you should have infinite continues, IMO. Like with HOTD2, the max is 9. I get just past the magician in the HQ, but by then I have no more continues and just a few lives left.

I guess that's what Gameshark is for... If I could just find it cheap.