IGNORED

Acquire a Quadrun lately?

bloatedmonkey

I apologize for posting this here, but I know some of you don't read the other forums. I need to know if anyone conversed with the seller of the recent large Ebay auction lot that contained Quadrun, Crazy Climber, and Waterworld. I need to verify that he indeed had the 3 games so that I will more easily be able to show fraud in court. The whole story is here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...p=113204#113204

Thanks.

Hello !!

I'm an Ebay buyer, like yourself, with 510 unique and over 700 all positive feedbacks to date, and looking at the auction in question, you have to ask yourself why a seller would risk bundling these three carts together, let alone with the rest of the junk, when chances are no one will want all three AND the rest.

I surely understand the cherry-pick concept all too well, but Quadrun, Waterworld AND Crazy Climber in one lot by themselves could run easily $400 assuming $250/$80/$70 respectively.

So you know, there is no way to verify in court that he did/did not have those titles unless you were the definitive buyer. Hearsay from another potential buyer is useless as the auction reserve was not met so final commitment to sell was also not obligated under the terms of the auction.

If the seller did not have these carts there, yes I agree that bad faith was perpetrated, but unless the sale goes thru, it's hard to verify what the seller did and did not have.

I looked at his/her feedback and there was 770 uniques and a small handful of some neutrals and negatives within the last six months...no way of determing what happened prior to that. I suggest you read the feedbacks to see if you spot any that suggests a pattern of selling with false representation...that's a good start...still technically hearsay but it moves to show probable cause for fraud, if such was perpetrated.

Good luck in your auctions. I have already deemed that a substantial number of carts bearing the following titles are likely to be dupes, so please keep this list handy. And the reason I believe so is that these show up more often than some of the not-so-rare carts !! They are...

Waterworld

Crazy Climber

Gas Hog

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Halloween

Mr Do's Castle

Chase the Chuckwagon

A small list, but over a 12 month period, and I've been watching 2600 carts for over 3 years now, this is the list of titles MOST likely to be dupes. And that's my opinion now, mind you, but one formulated after a long time of watching these things happen. So buyer beware.

Robert T Mruczek

Twin Galaxies - Editor and Chief referee

Star Wars classic arcade champion

(212) 366-3036 (work-day)

rmruczek@doremusl.com (work E-MAIL)

Hello again:

I've done the fraud report before. To file a fraud complaint for an item you did not actually buy is hard to do, so you know. However, I'd file it as quickly as possible. But since the seller of the auction has over 700 feedbacks, it's not as bad as a zero feedback seller.

In any event, do save all your E-MAIL correspondence on the matter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1366103624

Robert T Mruczek

Twin Galaxies - Editor and Chief referee

Star Wars classic arcade champion

(212) 366-3036 (work-day)

rmruczek@doremus.com (work E-MAIL)

I am not looking for heresay from another buyer. I'm looking for email evidence that he tried to sell the games by themselves while selling the lot to me. In fact, I'm betting that someone out there has paid for the items and thus has more than an email to back me up.

I doubt that he intentionally bundled rare games in this lot, rather he realized they were rare after people started emailing him. I'm sure my offer was one of many. Unfortunately, he seems to accepted more than one.

Finally, I believe these particular rare games do tend to appear together for a reason - are they not from the Atari Club?

Personally, if I was in your position, I would get the ball rolling on the the small claim court process...I understand your reasoning for trying to find another buyer who bought the 3 games, however, it isn't necessary, as your claim is simple, you paid for 147 games, and only received 144, whether they are worth $5 or $500 you still did not receive the items you paid for, and that is where you keeping all the email correspondence is important, because he admits to not sending you everything. Thats like going an buying a new car, and when you go to pick it up, they tell you that you can only have 2 tires, because they gave you too good of a deal, so they have to make up for the lost money...

OK OK, bad example, but now do you see ...they are both ridiculous BS stories...

"M"

all i can say is that sucks ill keep a eye open a good friend of mine is the owner of atari2600.com im seeing him saturday to help him out i am sorry man well i have 1 game so far out of 3 i bid for in three different auctions but i only spent 45.00 hope u get that ass !!!!!!!! :x :yawn: :love: :twisted: :!: :evil:

• 4 weeks later...