IGNORED

This may sound silly..................

ninermaniac

I have heard there is a module for the 7800 that will play ALL 2600 carts. Did I hear wrong? I have seen 5200 and Colecovision modules personally but never really paid attention as to if there was one for the 7800. :|

The 7800 can be modified to increase its backwards compatibility. A browse of the FAQ and the forums will turn up information about how this can be done.

I don't think there's a be all, end all module that allows this, although the possibility has been discussed before. Other than that, a few mods can make your 7800 to where it'll play all but perhaps one or two 2600 carts.

I have heard there is a module for the 7800 that will play ALL 2600 carts. Did I hear wrong?

No see deck #1 in the 7800 FAQ

I have seen 5200 and Colecovision modules personally but never really paid attention as to if there was one for the 7800. :|

I don't know what you mean. But I saw this some where:

Most Atari 5200 games will work in Atari 2600 and Atari 7800 systems. (totally untrue).

The 7800 can be modified to increase its backwards compatibility. A browse of the FAQ and the forums will turn up information about how this can be done.

7800 Hack to Play Certain 2600 Games

I have a 7800 that does not play the cart Decathlon but when I load it from the CC2 it works fine. They say that is because the 7800 cc2 cart has timing lines or something.

To use modern nintendo terminology.

How dare you! The 7800 is not two 2600s duct taped together! :x

:lol:

Yes! It's three!!!! :rolling:

Mot. I think when he said 5200 and colecovision modules he was referring to the modules for those systems that let you play 2600 games on them. Not the other way around.

Edited by Shannon

I have seen 5200 and Colecovision modules personally but never really paid attention as to if there was one for the 7800. :|

I don't know what you mean. But I saw this some where:

Most Atari 5200 games will work in Atari 2600 and Atari 7800 systems. (totally untrue).

He's referring to the fact that the 5200 and ColecoVision have adapters to allow play of 2600 cartridges on those systems.

Edited by HammR25

To use modern nintendo terminology.

How dare you! The 7800 is not two 2600s duct taped together! :x

:lol:

The retarded fanboy bullshit from the modern gaming forums has now found it's way here to my beloved 7800 forum. Wonderful. I mean, I imagined I'd get to stop reading it by stopping posting there and not going there. Guess not.

Edited by Atarifever

What I was refering to is that NOT ALL 2600 carts work on the 7800. Like Tigervision carts. I was wondering if there was an adapter that would enable you to play ALL the 2600 games on it. :ponder:

Yes there is. I used to make them but don't anymore.

So you were the one who did that. A friend of mine said that an adapter existed and I never believed him ;)

Would a High Score cart work, though?

There is a way to mod the 7800 system to play Tigervision carts. I spoke to one of the former members about it, and I'm sure several people know how.

I don't have any Tiger carts, or I'd have already done the mod. I believe it involves cutting the port itself. Bear in mind that the carts can also be modded, but modding the system allows you to use any Tiger cart with it.

(paarrdon my typing, I type by sught sometimes and my iyes are crssed from holddingg the PSSP too close)

I knew I wasn't crazy. Thanks for insuring my sanity Shawn. ;)

We are all a littel bit crazy, one way or another. I mean just look at Shawn :D ;)

Yep I'm the fuckin' craziest one of the bunch, I just happen to be smart also. :lol:

Shawn Sr. would you come out of retirement to make another? :D

Nah, I'm not really up to making any projects anymore.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

We are all a littel bit crazy, one way or another. I mean just look at Shawn :D ;)

Yep I'm the fuckin' craziest one of the bunch, I just happen to be smart also. :lol:

No argument there my friend ;)

Shawn Sr. would you come out of retirement to make another? :D

Worth a try. If you find any layin around let me know. :D

Is it because you're too old and tired or is it because Atari Charles kicked your butt and now you're in a hospital bed? We want juicy details!

Thats what I love about you Random, just when peace is about to be signed you go around handing out free nukes to both sides :D ;)