IGNORED

World of Commodore 2007 in Toronto, December 1st

MacbthPSW

• 3 weeks later...

Great pics! thanks for sharing with us.

My first home computer system was a Vic20 we picked it up at a yard sale back in the early 80's for around $75 i think it had the computer, a bunch of accessories and a stack of books, i had a blast with that thing later i got the C64.

I'm pretty sure the first game program i tried was "Flog" i think it may have been in the instruction book, it took forever to enter it all in and turned to be a golf game i think. Good Times! :cool:

Well, *I* had a good time there even if none of *you* showed up :)

Here's some pictures:

http://lyonlabs.org/commodore/woc-2007/woc-2007.html

http://www.psw.ca/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=2295

Great pictures, thanks for sharing them!

I must say, I got a kick out of the two stacks of 1541 drives sitting in someone's storage unit. You would NOT want those to topple over and fall on you!!

..Al

Oh man, I would have loved to go to that. Nice pic's man :) Looks like it was a fun time. I will be at the MGC though again and that's always a blast.

Cool, we're planning on being at the MGC again too. And our Chicago show will be on again at the end of September. Maybe you could come out? We've got one guy that comes from Minneapolis every year, and I drive a lot further from north of the Minnesota border :)

BTW - How do you like Tetris machine?

It's still running good, and gets played almost daily by one of my kids or another. But wouldn't you know, I tried to put another JAMMA board in it, and up wouldn't work on either joystick. I assumed it's the sticks or something, and test for continuity (taking some time to take things apart etc.) and finally I notice that the wires were clipped right down at the JAMMA board connector. Maybe Atari themselves did that just to be jerks? :) Fortunately there was just enough wire left to strip it and run a jumper wire back.

Oh man, I would have loved to go to that. Nice pic's man :) Looks like it was a fun time. I will be at the MGC though again and that's always a blast.

Cool, we're planning on being at the MGC again too. And our Chicago show will be on again at the end of September. Maybe you could come out? We've got one guy that comes from Minneapolis every year, and I drive a lot further from north of the Minnesota border :)

BTW - How do you like Tetris machine?

It's still running good, and gets played almost daily by one of my kids or another. But wouldn't you know, I tried to put another JAMMA board in it, and up wouldn't work on either joystick. I assumed it's the sticks or something, and test for continuity (taking some time to take things apart etc.) and finally I notice that the wires were clipped right down at the JAMMA board connector. Maybe Atari themselves did that just to be jerks? :) Fortunately there was just enough wire left to strip it and run a jumper wire back.

That's right, I remember hearing that some Tetris sticks had the up dis-conected since you don't need it to play. Well, as you found out it's a pretty quick fix. I wonder why they do that? Seems more practical to just leave it assembled. Most Tetris cabs are conversions so it would have to be done during instalation by the arcade operator. I'll have to get a look at the manual for a Tetris conversion kit and see if they say to cut the joystick wires in it.

Looking forward to the upcomming shows, that Chicago one sounds interesting. Where can I find some info on that? Thanks :)

Looking forward to the upcomming shows, that Chicago one sounds interesting. Where can I find some info on that? Thanks :)

Sure, here's the page from the 2007 show: http://starbase.globalpc.net/eccc/

It should be updated soon with the 2008 info. Scroll down to the bottom and check out the galleries/reports for the 2006, 2007 shows to see if it seems interesting. It's not nearly as big as the MGC, but it's free and fun, and has way more Commodore content. I've gone to this show, and it's predecessor (run by a Chicago Commodore group) for a full 10 years now.

There's usually a decent amount of stuff to buy, a bunch of neat displays of stuff that people are working on (new hardware, software projects), and some good food (mmmm, Portillo's).

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, the 2008 Chicago show info is up on the official website: http://starbase.globalpc.net/eccc/

In the spring I'll start a new thread about it for promotion, but here's a heads up since you were interested.

BTW, the Tetris cab got a lot of action this Christmas from all the visitors we had :) And if you've got another JAMMA cab with a vertical screen for sale, I'll take it ;)

Okay, the 2008 Chicago show info is up on the official website: http://starbase.globalpc.net/eccc/

In the spring I'll start a new thread about it for promotion, but here's a heads up since you were interested.

BTW, the Tetris cab got a lot of action this Christmas from all the visitors we had :) And if you've got another JAMMA cab with a vertical screen for sale, I'll take it ;)

I just might, I'll let you know :)