IGNORED

7800 In the Wild... Grand Prarie, TX

doctorclu

Was out at Trader's Village and found a 7800. :) The guy said he had the games, controllers, and power supply. He brought the rest out the next week after that. In the end it all cost me about $20. And the 7800 worked.

They're out there. :)

i find them more than 2600 now a days, got 3 7800's so far, cheapest one i found for $2, dirty as hell but cleaned up real nice and works fine.

Strange. Wonder why that is?

(In your area at least. I find 2600's all the time, but hardly ever 7800's.)

Edited by doctorclu

last time i saw a 2600 in the wild, 2 years and 5 months ago at the neighborhood yardsale, i can find gazillion games, but no systems.

I haven't found any system other than the 2600 in about 6 years now. I've found several 2600' found one 2 months ago as a matter of fact went to buy it and someone at the thrift store had thrown all of the games away for it. :(

I find nothing ever in my neck of the woods.

Michigan eh? I wonder why there would be less Atari up there. Maybe people were a little slower to get into the video game scene there?

I am really surprised to see 7800's at all. I really didn't think that many sold. Of course now days I think it's one of the coolest game systems Atari made overal. Just need the A/V mod for it. :) My signal is crap with the RF.

i've only seen 1 5200 in my years of collecting out in the wild, had to ebay mine. Over the years i've seen many more 2600's but as of the last few years, it's the 7800 i've seen more of. I've passed on them as I already have 3, unless the price is right. Maybe with the Flashback, people have been keeping or pursuing the 2600 more heavily which is why I haven't seen any in my area in years.