IGNORED

Nintendo's making 1.8 million Wiis every month (joystiq.com)

8th lutz

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/11/19/nintendo...is-every-month/

At first, we're sure that the countless reports of a Wii shortage throughout the media were music to Nintendo's ears. In fact, we even heard some theorize that Nintendo was holding back on supply to help drive up demand. These days, though, it's just gotten silly. People want to buy the thing, and Nintendo seems to be doing all they can to keep up with demand. In fact, Nintendo of America's outgoing marketing boss George Harrison recently said that the company is making 1.8 million of the systems every month.

The amazing thing? That's still not enough.

I think that tells us the shortage is not make up. A company making that many a month world wide says something about the wii's popularity.

1.8 million in the US or worldwide.

I think Harrison meant worldwide. I am saying that because 21.6 million Wii's being made a year sounds like a worldwide total in videogames. It doesn't make any sense to make 21.6 million wii's a year for the United States.

You are dealing with Japan, Europe and North America for shipping systems to. It makes sense based on a 7.2 million for each area in the world mentioned.

1.8 million in the US or worldwide.

I think Harrison meant worldwide. I am saying that because 21.6 million Wii's being made a year sounds like a worldwide total in videogames. It doesn't make any sense to make 21.6 million wii's a year for the United States.

You are dealing with Japan, Europe and North America for shipping systems to. It makes sense based on a 7.2 million for each area in the world mentioned.

That would have to be worldwide. That's just a little shy of what the Gamecube sold in it's five year lifetime. After declining console sales each generation, they must have been completely surprised by the Wii's sales.