IGNORED

NES Famiclone Light Gun to 7800 Light Gun?

PacManPlus

Hi:

I have two NES Famiclone Light Guns (they use a DB-9 Male connector with pins 1,5,6, and 8 used). Is there a way to re-wire this gun for the 7800? I can probably pick out where the +5v and GND wires go (once I open it up), but the other two might be a little difficult.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

Bob

Hey Shawn:

Heh - I had a feeling I would need the other side - I had planned on taking a pic when I got home from work tonight (that pic is from the internet, but it's exactly the same as what I have)

EDIT - Picture Added

Thanks!

Bob

post-1787-1195688411_thumb.jpg

Edited by PacManPlus

Hey Shawn:

Heh - I had a feeling I would need the other side - I had planned on taking a pic when I got home from work tonight (that pic is from the internet, but it's exactly the same as what I have)

EDIT - Picture Added

Thanks!

Bob

I'll have a stab at this on the weekend when I get some time. I'll just do one up myself and report back the results.

EDIT: Whats the rating on that cap?

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Hi:

Thanks guys, but unfortunately that thread isn't going to help me. :( I stupidly had cut the connector end off a while ago so I don't know which pin goes to which wire. That is why I posted the picture above, about which wire is which signal.

Thanks anyway,

Bob

Based on the pictures (the first set are rather small), I'd guess this:

2600/7800 Port (light-gun)

Pin 1 -- Trigger Brown (sure of this one)

Pin 6 -- Light Sensor Blue ??

Pin 7 -- +5V Red ??

Pin 8 -- Gnd Yellow ??

I'm sure of the Brown wire being trigger -- but the others not so sure. If you can determine which are ground & +5v than I only leaves one possiblity for the light sensor. That red wire that runs from the board to the trigger switch should be hooked to the ground wire, so that might give you a clue for the ground connection.

Also, if you get it working and the gun fires when you release the trigger instead of when pulling it, move that red wire on the trigger switch to the other (unused connector) to fix it.

Ok - I tried both light guns I had. All I was ever able to do was get the trigger to function. I even tried reversing pins 6 and 7 - never registered a hit either way, even putting the gun point blank on the target on the screen. (BTW I was using Sentenel as a test)

I think it's safe to assume that the famiclone guns do not work on the 7800. I've saved everyone the trouble by ruining two guns on the process. :(

Edited by PacManPlus