IGNORED

173 Atari 2600 Games on Ebay... 14 Rare 3 Rare+ 2 Extremely Rare

alinkens

I just posted an auction on eBay for 173 Atari 2600 games. All games are complete with boxes and all manuals except "No Escape!" which is missing the Joystick Mail-In Offer. Also included with these games are the Video Touch Pad, the Supercharger and two Racing Controllers..

I used this sites rarity list to put the rarities down for each game as well...

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 180182832623 is the auction.. Take a look, any questions please let me know..

I just posted an auction on eBay for 173 Atari 2600 games. All games are complete with boxes and all manuals except "No Escape!" which is missing the Joystick Mail-In Offer. Also included with these games are the Video Touch Pad, the Supercharger and two Racing Controllers..

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 180182832623 is the auction.. Take a look, any questions please let me know..

I was going to bid but if you are missing the Joystick Mail In Offer I am going to have to think about it. I really wanted that mail in offer.

We found these in my wife's uncle's attic... He did not have a 2600 anymore so they were just collecting dust.. I honestly dont have the patience to sell and ship each one seperatly...

Understandable...but at the very least, you should really sell the two R9's seperately (each in their own auction)...you'll make a lot more money, believe me.

Excellent lot

*calls and checks credit card balance...

Unfortunately it will probably pass my limit :sad:

I'll keep an eye on it though ;)

Only been married a few weeks and she has already got hold of the purse strings :rolling:

That´s the way it goes....... :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

For an impatient guy, you sure did an excellent job of looking up the information and cataloging this collection.

Did you find your other auction, 148 NES cartridges, in your wife's uncle's attic? Does she have any more uncles? ;-)

Yes, we did find those there too, he was a pack rat..

We started cleaning the house in Aug of last year, you may have seen my auctions from last year (Genesis, NES, N64, Saturn, 2600, TurboGraphix, Coleco, Intelevision, etc). Anyway, we thought we had it all out last year, but right after christmas last year we found more stuff (the two auctions up now) so I held onto them to list them for Christmas of this year.

It was amazing how much stuff was up there. The house is almost empty now so I doubt there will be any more surprises.. I do actually have a few Atari 8bit Computers but I am waiting till I have time to set those up before doing anything with them. I am going to keep one of them as well as a disk drive and a bunch of games, but I will list anything I dont keep.

Whatever you do, don't take a side offer!

You would not believe the amount of those I get. I did put a buy it now, but someone bid on it pretty quick.. I hate when I am bidding on an item and it mysteriously ends so I would not end an auction early, when people offer a "side offer" I always tell them to bid what they were willing to pay as a side offer and hopefully they win..

Take any side offers you want, make the most money, be totally mercenary, end the auction when you want to, don't worry about honor or love or the respect of atari agers. It's YOUR auction and YOUR choice and YOUR stuff. When you have the goods, buyers will come at you regardless. This isn't a popularity contest, it's a sale, so do whatever you like! If you're not an Atari collector, this isn't your community and our opinion of you shouldn't matter in your business decisions, as long as you aren't criminal about your dealings.

PSA from ianoid

Take any side offers you want, make the most money, be totally mercenary, end the auction when you want to, don't worry about honor or love or the respect of atari agers. It's YOUR auction and YOUR choice and YOUR stuff. When you have the goods, buyers will come at you regardless. This isn't a popularity contest, it's a sale, so do whatever you like! If you're not an Atari collector, this isn't your community and our opinion of you shouldn't matter in your business decisions, as long as you aren't criminal about your dealings.

PSA from ianoid

I don't know why you are giving him flak for not taking a side offer. It seems like to me he is following the golden rule. He said he does not like it when people end auctions early, so he in return is not doing that. I wish more sellers were like this.

You would not believe the amount of those I get. I did put a buy it now, but someone bid on it pretty quick.. I hate when I am bidding on an item and it mysteriously ends so I would not end an auction early, when people offer a "side offer" I always tell them to bid what they were willing to pay as a side offer and hopefully they win..

What was the buy it now?

PSA from ianoid

I hope this was partly tongue in cheek, seeing as how 99% of the time accepting a side offer equals getting screwed.

I guess if the seller is not ignorant of the item's true value, and the buyer actually makes a reasonable offer, it might work out okay for them both (although the other eBay users watching the auction are left high and dry).

But really, how often is that the case? Side offers are almost always made in an attempt to take advantage of a seller's ignorance.

What was the buy it now?

That is what I want to know.

and if the seller thinks they have got a good price what's the problem? Ultimately the seller will only end early if he is happy with the deal and he saves his fees, what's the opposite of 'caveat emptor'?

The problem is that the buyer has taken advantage of the seller's ignorance, and screwed him, the other eBayers watching and planning to bid on the auction, and eBay itself.

What's the problem with screwing people? It's called ethical behavior.

Edited by lemoncurry

I was going to bid but if you are missing the Joystick Mail In Offer I am going to have to think about it. I really wanted that mail in offer.

Not being able to get the free Zircon joystick is a deal killer for me too. :P