IGNORED

Finally made the leap

Brian R.

Just signed up here and wanted to say hello. Since I am a JI2 regular I thought I'd do it here.

I'm sure some of you know me from JI2. I've become more creative with usernames since I had first started using JI2, but I figure since most people in these quarters know me by "Brian R.", I'd stick with it.

Been crazy over at JI2 lately. Trolls won't stop me from visiting, but this will be a nice change of pace, especially until Atari Gaming HQ cleans house with some much needed IP bans.

I've been wanting to sign up too to take part in the modern gaming forum, since my Dreamcast interest has spiked recently with me getting Shenmue and Shenmue II.

Looking forward to being a part of this place. Have fun everyone!

Good, here is much better. Its more void of those ridiculous people who come on and say "jaguar is dead" "get a real system" blah blah blah, and void of the stupid arguments that start over there.

welcome aboard

Hi!

You'll find a lot of JI2 users here (maybe all of them), that still love JI2 and won't leave it, but enjoy AtariAge system. Nothing wrong in having two groups of friends! I personally like both the different boards, one with more "rushing" messages, and this one with different areas, separated topics, and so on.

Regards.

HI Brian! It's about time! I rarely visit JI2 anymore myself, basically because the few times I do go over there anymore it is the same old, same old as far as trolls go and a lack of real substance regarding the Jaguar. Here, on this forum it's always active and good converstations are held like it used to be on JI2 a couple years back. Glad you finally made the leap. I don't even miss going to JI2 anymore, thanks to the great people here at ATARI AGE. JI2 used to be my main-stay on the net, but now it's here...

To others: I know Brian from JI2 (obviously) as well as the ATARIhq classics forum, another sister page of JI2 that is also lame compared to AA. I don't go there anymore either.

I think what it was is that AtariHQ was one of the first Atari sites I found on the 'net, and I was (and am still) very loyal to it. I guess I didn't want to bother with multiple sites, and especially having to remember passwords and such.

But now that I frequent a few other message boards that are in this format, I've gotten used to them and like them. And as I said, I've also been really active on my DC lately, so the modern forum will interest me, too.

The advantage of JI2 is that the format loads a lot faster than these fancy pages. Simple is definitely better. However, there are a lot of cool people on here as well, so it's worth the load times. I frequent both sites daily.

While load times here can never be as fast as JII due to the difference in complexity of the pages, the load times here will be consistently fast once we move AtariAge to a new server. This won't happen until after CGE, but it should be a big help, and will especially prevent the site from bogging down as it sometimes presently does. The server is already up and running, and in fact is what Atarinvader.com is now running on. We just haven't had time to move AtariAge over, since it's a somewhat involved and time consuming operation. :)

..Al

I think what it was is that AtariHQ was one of the first Atari sites I found on the 'net, and I was (and am still) very loyal to it. I guess I didn't want to bother with multiple sites, and especially having to remember passwords and such.

But now that I frequent a few other message boards that are in this format, I've gotten used to them and like them. And as I said, I've also been really active on my DC lately, so the modern forum will interest me, too.

Funny, my computer asked me the very first time I put in my password if I wanted it to remember it and it did. I only have to type in my password if I go online with my DC. As soon as I come here, I have to do nothing, I'm already signed in. I use MSN, maybe that's what does this?