IGNORED

4JAYS ANYONE?

opeygon

• 1 month later...
At CGE I bought what was supposed to be an empty Atari 5200 Bounty Bob Strikes Back box & manual. Turns out it was for Commodore 64 'cus the disk was still in there! Well the box is the same but the manual/poster had a sticker on it with the C64 instructions. If you are going to buy from them just be really careful and don't expect more than exactly what is stated.

y-bot

So you Bought a BBSB Box for $150 and you didn't evan check it first? WOW! Can I ask you why you didn't check out the box and manual? Specially after you allready had a so called bad experience

with them. And why would Big Five put a sticker on the manual? I have seen company's put a sticker on the outside of the box, never the manual.

Your whole story doesn't make sense to me.

Hmmm, sounds like a good idea for a little trip.

I live 10 minutes from the store. Its a classic gamers wet dream to see all that stuff in person. Too bad the kid that works there most of the time is a prick. The owners are very cool though

hey i'm suprised to see this thread bumped :cool:

i've been playin the 5200 for well over a month now. console and rebuilt controllers still work great, no problems whatsoever.

4jays was good to me. in fact, i'm thinkin about gettim a sega master system from them soon, if i dont see one in the wild first. which i havent. lotsa SMS games, but no consoles :(

At CGE I bought what was supposed to be an empty Atari 5200 Bounty Bob Strikes Back box & manual. Turns out it was for Commodore 64 'cus the disk was still in there! Well the box is the same but the manual/poster had a sticker on it with the C64 instructions. If you are going to buy from them just be really careful and don't expect more than exactly what is stated.

y-bot

So you Bought a BBSB Box for $150 and you didn't evan check it first? WOW! Can I ask you why you didn't check out the box and manual? Specially after you allready had a so called bad experience

with them. And why would Big Five put a sticker on the manual? I have seen company's put a sticker on the outside of the box, never the manual.

Your whole story doesn't make sense to me.

The sticker on the poster/manual was for Commodore 64 specific commands. Big Five didn't make a separate instruction sheet for C64, they just put a sticker on the Atari 5200 instructions. I didn't check it out too closely because it was supposed to be brand new. Did I say I paid $150 for it? That doesn't sound right. I think it was $80 or $100.

y-bot