IGNORED

VCS Kung Fu Master/NES Kung Fu!

StanJr

I recently acquired a LARGE lot of NES games, and in there was Kung Fu (which I never had as a kid). I am AMAZED at how similar it is the Activision's Kung Fu Master. Other than a few MINOR graphic improvements and the extra button, these are the same game!

Was Activision that good or was early NES that bad?

WOW! :spidey:

I cant comment on NES Kung Fu cause Ive never owned it but they did bring out some pretty dire games throughout its life, not just at the beginning.

I think when you have so many games released for a system like the NES (or 2600 is another good example) then there is bound to be dribble amongsts the titles.

Have you played the X-men game you can get on the NES? Just try that, youll wanna jump of a biulding after 5 minutes.

Adam

Was Activision that good or was early NES that bad?

Both. Activision always made the best games graphically for the 2600, and early NES games were not nearly as good as what the system was capable of. You have to remember that they're both ports of the 1984 arcade, which was simplistic to begin with.

NOW...the question is how close is NES Kung-Fu to 7800 Kung-Fu Master?

Hee hee...

That's an old saying... "Make like a tree and leave" as in leaf - leaves... hee hee...

:P

Cheers!

Joey

ps- I always thought the Activision Kung Fu Master was an excellent arcade port. Never played the NES version, and only played the 7800 version on emulator (I find it hard to judge gameplay on emulators)

I love this game. Although, just like Double Dragon(discussed on another thread recently), it is very diffucult on an emulator. It takes a while to master it and get the timing down even on the VCS. Activision seems to have forgotten that "Kung Fu Master's" name was Thomas and his girlfriend was Sylvia(guess who played it in the arcade). :roll:

2600 Double Dragon is actually easier on an emulator. You have the option to save if you wish, and using a keyboard proves far more accurate than an old 2600 joystick (which can take a toll on your hand).

I like the 2600 version of Kung-Fu Master. When I first got PCAE running last summer, it was one of the first games I got for it.