IGNORED

Boxed Rescue Terra I in this lot

homerwannabee

@homerwannabee

Quick question - How many homebrew games do you own?

I have one Yankeemania

I couldn't resist that one. It is a hack off of Megamania which is my favorite game and it has the Yankees team on it as well. I don't usually collect for Homebrews for one reason. You never can collect them all. The homebrewers keep churning them out one after another. I try to stick with NTSC Atari 2600 games that are America or Canada based.

Well then I hope at a bare minimum you show your support for keeping Atari alive by playing the roms via emulation? You are concerned for the future of the hobby and Homebrew games are it. Do you at least play them?

I haven't played Yankeemania in awhile. But I did play the heck out of it the first couple of days and even got a max score of 999,999. As far as playing my regular games. I do that by participating in Atari 2600 High Score club. If you take a browse you will see that I am 13th at the moment. :)

but no homebrews? The reason comics, bb cards, etc.. are still going strong is because people still buy the new products right?

Good point on that. Hey, at least I have one hombrew for the Atari 2600 there are some here who don't have one. I also have gone to 3 different conventions and have gone to every SoCal video game meet since they started back up. I also got a few Video Game Collector Magazines as well. And when Albert was selling original Atari 2600 games off the site a year and a half ago I did pick up a few of those games as well. So even though I have not bought a ton of Atari homebrew games, I feel that I have contributed in other areas that are just as important in keeping the community alive. :)

Until you buy a homebrew game I don't want to hear any more crying about why nobody cares about Atari and everybody collects NES. The fact is if you want new people to join this hobby homebrews is most likely the only way that will happen. Marvel comics doesn't keep pumping out comics based on who shows up to the comic book shows, it is because people are buying the new product. Does it not make sense????

I guess you did not read or comprehend what I said. :|

@homerwannabee

I have one Yankeemania

I couldn't resist that one. It is a hack off of Megamania which is my favorite game and it has the Yankees team on it as well. I don't usually collect for Homebrews for one reason. You never can collect them all. The homebrewers keep churning them out one after another. I try to stick with NTSC Atari 2600 games that are America or Canada based.

Well then I hope at a bare minimum you show your support for keeping Atari alive by playing the roms via emulation? You are concerned for the future of the hobby and Homebrew games are it. Do you at least play them?

I haven't played Yankeemania in awhile. But I did play the heck out of it the first couple of days and even got a max score of 999,999. As far as playing my regular games. I do that by participating in Atari 2600 High Score club. If you take a browse you will see that I am 13th at the moment. :)

but no homebrews? The reason comics, bb cards, etc.. are still going strong is because people still buy the new products right?

Good point on that. Hey, at least I have one hombrew for the Atari 2600 there are some here who don't have one. I also have gone to 3 different conventions and have gone to every SoCal video game meet since they started back up. I also got a few Video Game Collector Magazines as well. And when Albert was selling original Atari 2600 games off the site a year and a half ago I did pick up a few of those games as well. So even though I have not bought a ton of Atari homebrew games, I feel that I have contributed in other areas that are just as important in keeping the community alive. :)

Until you buy a homebrew game I don't want to hear any more crying about why nobody cares about Atari and everybody collects NES. The fact is if you want new people to join this hobby homebrews is most likely the only way that will happen. Marvel comics doesn't keep pumping out comics based on who shows up to the comic book shows, it is because people are buying the new product. Does it not make sense????

Yankeemania is not a Homebrew :P It's a hack, very big difference.

@homerwannabee

I have one Yankeemania

Aren't most homebrew's hacks. :ponder:

No one does. You are wacked. Every freakin thread turns out to be about the same things.

Over and over.

People offer rational explinations and you ignore them or insult them. In your eyes things a certain way and a certain way only but then reality doesn't match your view and you have a meltdown. You have a problem comprehending things because based on your rules the results should be different than they are.

Its because your rules are wrong and you are too stubborn to look at things with an open mind.

Yes Nintendo sent me here to "bash" Atari as its #1 threat to world domination.

I mentioned Nintendo becuase you spoke of videogames as a whole going down when not all are. BTW I've been to football forums and yes they compare players to those on other teams sometimes good sometimes bad.

Even a Cowboys fan can comment that Tom Brady had a good game or might break all the records this year if its based in fact. Lets go to the Rams forums and find out how many there think they have a good shot at the Superbowl right now? Fans are a bit biased but MOST have at least 1 foot firmly planted in reality and can admit when things aren't as good as they would like them to be.

Dude you are nuts. You seriously remind me of someone on the verge of having a mental breakdown. You just get mad when people have something to say thats in any way contrary to what you believe.

"Logic be dammed I'm right and thats it......err wait now why did this happen?"

No one does. You are wacked. Every freakin thread turns out to be about the same things.

Over and over.

People offer rational explinations and you ignore them or insult them. In your eyes things a certain way and a certain way only but then reality doesn't match your view and you have a meltdown. You have a problem comprehending things because based on your rules the results should be different than they are.

Its because your rules are wrong and you are too stubborn to look at things with an open mind.

Yes Nintendo sent me here to "bash" Atari as its #1 threat to world domination.

I mentioned Nintendo becuase you spoke of videogames as a whole going down when not all are. BTW I've been to football forums and yes they compare players to those on other teams sometimes good sometimes bad.

Even a Cowboys fan can comment that Tom Brady had a good game or might break all the records this year if its based in fact. Lets go to the Rams forums and find out how many there think they have a good shot at the Superbowl right now? Fans are a bit biased but MOST have at least 1 foot firmly planted in reality and can admit when things aren't as good as they would like them to be.

Dude you are nuts. You seriously remind me of someone on the verge of having a mental breakdown. You just get mad when people have something to say thats in any way contrary to what you believe.

"Logic be dammed I'm right and thats it......err wait now why did this happen?"

No, I maybe crazy. But I am rationally crazy. Big difference there. I am too good in math and chess to be not rational. And it's kind of funny that the non-crazy person is the one that is using insults left and right in this argument. Since you seem to be resorting to low blows I will end this argument. Belligerence is something I will not contend against. I am a person with flaws and so are you. Since you have undertaken to deride me this will be my last post in this thread.

Edited by homerwannabee

No, I maybe crazy. But I am rationally crazy. Big difference there. I am too good in math and chess to be not rational. And it's kind of funny that the non-crazy person is the one that is using insults left and right in this argument. Since you seem to be resorting to low blows I will end this argument. Belligerence is something I will not contend against. I am a person with flaws and so are you. Since you have undertaken to deride me this will be my last post in this thread.

Honestly, if you won't listen to facts other people bring up when you ask a question there is no reason to stick around anyway.

As CPU has just pointed out you are no stranger to insults. I ignored your past attacks against me but don't sit back and act inoccent here.

I do have faults no doubt about it. One of my biggest ones is lack of patience. These threads of yours just get under my skin while better men sit back and ignore them.

Quite a few crazy guys have been good at math or chess "A beautiful mind" comes to mind then again so does "Silence of the Lambs" :ponder: You might be good at putting the pieces in order but you ignore some of the pieces even when they are pointed out to you.

@homerwannabee

I have one Yankeemania

I just wish you guys would save me some scrolling by trimming your quotes more. Is there really a need to have 8 or 9 nested qoutes in a row and one sentence underneath?

:?

Whoaa, not only is that totally wrong, but it is incredibly insulting. :-o

* watches as Thomas books a plane ticket to the U.S. * :ponder:

Homerwannabee you are insane, Buyatari is correct. I would also like to mention that...

Homebrews and hacks are 2 completely different things. Homebrews take hours upon hours, sometimes years to complete while a hack can be made in 10 minutes. Like CPU said it is a very insulting comment. I am putting you back in my signature as a troll....

Homerwannabee you are insane, Buyatari is correct. I would also like to mention that...

Homebrews and hacks are 2 completely different things. Homebrews take hours upon hours, sometimes years to complete while a hack can be made in 10 minutes. Like CPU said it is a very insulting comment. I am putting you back in my signature as a troll....

All right I did not want to post again. But before this becomes something bigger than it should. I just want to say that I honestly believed that hacks were considered Homebrews. There are a lot more hacks out there than originally programmed games. Hence why I asked the question. It was not meant as an insult to original programmers. I have tremendous respect for anyone who would give up so much of their time to make a game from scratch. Usually the financial rewards are very small and the effort is very great. Again I am sorry that I thought hacked games were Homebrews. My bad.

Also, just because I am hard headed does not mean I am crazy. If you look at most of my posts here you will see I am not as crazy as you think. There are 3 things that I do that seem crazy. 1. Go on and on about a certain game I have. 2. Go on and on about how prices on Atari 2600 games will be huge one day. 3. Go on and on about how I don't have a girlfriend. I have learned that the people here simply don't want too hear it and so I have started to veer away from topics like this. If you eliminate these things you will see that I am not as crazy as I appear. Believe it or not I am actually going to get a degree in psychology next quarter. I am around teachers who make a living being Psychologist. I am a pretty active speaker in class. None of these teachers has ever come to me and said "I am concerned with some of the things you have been saying, I was wondering if I could get an appointment with you." Yes, I admit I am eccentric, and yes I admit I can be hard headed at times. But a hard headed eccentric person does not always translate into crazy. Neither Buyatari or you work in the Psychology field, so I wish if you keep your opinions to yourself.

All right I did not want to post again. But before this becomes something bigger than it should. I just want to say that I honestly believed that hacks were considered Homebrews. There are a lot more hacks out there than originally programmed games. Hence why I asked the question. It was not meant as an insult to original programmers. I have tremendous respect for anyone who would give up so much of their time to make a game from scratch. Usually the financial rewards are very small and the effort is very great. Again I am sorry that I thought hacked games were Homebrews. My bad.

Also, just because I am hard headed does not mean I am crazy. If you look at most of my posts here you will see I am not as crazy as you think. There are 3 things that I do that seem crazy. 1. Go on and on about a certain game I have. 2. Go on and on about how prices on Atari 2600 games will be huge one day. 3. Go on and on about how I don't have a girlfriend. I have learned that the people here simply don't want too hear it and so I have started to veer away from topics like this. If you eliminate these things you will see that I am not as crazy as I appear. Believe it or not I am actually going to get a degree in psychology next quarter. I am around teachers who make a living being Psychologist. I am a pretty active speaker in class. None of these teachers has ever come to me and said "I am concerned with some of the things you have been saying, I was wondering if I could get an appointment with you." Yes, I admit I am eccentric, and yes I admit I can be hard headed at times. But a hard headed eccentric person does not always translate into crazy. Neither Buyatari or you work in the Psychology field, so I wish if you keep your opinions to yourself.

OK, you got me. I am not qualified to prove you are insane. I can say you are annoying though :P

Its not just the repeat rambling or your filp flopping saying one thing and then saying the opposite next.

While crazy might not be the word you do have issues which impede your social life and your own happiness and are generally unhealthy. Many of the threads you enter end up revolving around your stuff,your life or lack of girlfirend. Its always about you. Sure alot of people here like attention but an "attack" against Atlantis II is an attack against you directly. Thats not supposed to happen. You put too much importance in these things and when their status falls or is questioned your ego goes with it causing problems. I'm not trying to put you down but thats just not healthy. I wasn't kidding when I said you remind me of someone on the verge of a mental breakdown. I have seen this type of behavior before and witnessed mental breakdowns at Defense Language Institute where I studied Russian for military intelligence.

Saying you will be known forever for owning the Atlantis II cart (I can't think of any collector who is a household name now merely for owning any 1 thing for a period of time even a Picasso) and honestly believing it is now worth 2 million to the right person is nothing short of delusions of grandeur. I spoke with people at CGE who met you for the first time and they said within a minute or two of meeting you, you were whipping out your Atlantis II cart and they were totally taken aback this as it was so out of context. People will like you or not based on who you are as a person not which games you own. Comparing Atlantis II to to a girfriend? Come on. While you might not be a full blown case of meglomania there is enough there to say it impedes on your life and you do have some serious issues.

Yes, eveyone has faults. Its when those faults prevent a person from social interaction or their own happiness that they really should be addressed. You've previously stressed that you have both. If you don't want to address them or do anything about it but bitch to us about it thats your business but you have to expect a little flak for filling thread after thread about it.

OK, you got me. I am not qualified to prove you are insane. I can say you are annoying though :P

Sadly, I agree with you on that one. :( Though it's not intentional. Well, at least I don't annoy myself. ;)

Its not just the repeat rambling or your filp flopping saying one thing and then saying the opposite next.

While crazy might not be the word you do have issues which impede your social life and your own happiness and are generally unhealthy. Many of the threads you enter end up revolving around your stuff,your life or lack of girlfirend. Its always about you. Sure alot of people here like attention but an "attack" against Atlantis II is an attack against you directly. Thats not supposed to happen. You put too much importance in these things and when their status falls or is questioned your ego goes with it causing problems. I'm not trying to put you down but thats just not healthy. I wasn't kidding when I said you remind me of someone on the verge of a mental breakdown. I have seen this type of behavior before and witnessed mental breakdowns at Defense Language Institute where I studied Russian for military intelligence.

Saying you will be known forever for owning the Atlantis II cart (I can't think of any collector who is a household name now merely for owning any 1 thing for a period of time even a Picasso) and honestly believing it is now worth 2 million to the right person is nothing short of delusions of grandeur. I spoke with people at CGE who met you for the first time and they said within a minute or two of meeting you, you were whipping out your Atlantis II cart and they were totally taken aback this as it was so out of context. People will like you or not based on who you are as a person not which games you own. Comparing Atlantis II to to a girfriend? Come on. While you might not be a full blown case of meglomania there is enough there to say it impedes on your life and you do have some serious issues.

Yes, eveyone has faults. Its when those faults prevent a person from social interaction or their own happiness that they really should be addressed. You've previously stressed that you have both. If you don't want to address them or do anything about it but bitch to us about it thats your business but you have to expect a little flak for filling thread after thread about it.

Actually thank you for that. I actually appreciate when someone points specific things out on my actions. And what you have said in this post makes a lot of sense. I just wish you could post more like this instead of calling me names left and right. That is not a way to help someone. If you read my post you will see that I actually address this as 1 of 3 things that people find crazy about me. I personally have gotten enough flak for my actions at this point to see that I should avoid these topics. If you look at the original post it was what I perceived as a "In your face, Nintendo is more desirable than Atari" action that I had a problem with. I thought when I made the post I was standing on solid ground since it was an Atari related site and that it would not backfire in my face. Which is why the next time someone says that something could of gone for so much more money if only it was an NES game I will let someone else fight that battle. I just really hope this never becomes a Nintendo centered site. Only because this is the only major Atari centered site with a forum that I know of. The NES already has a ton of sites with forums singing it's praises.

Edited by homerwannabee

Actually thank you for that. I actually appreciate when someone points specific things out on my actions. And what you have said in this post makes a lot of sense. I just wish you could post more like this instead of calling me names left and right. That is not a way to help someone. If you read my post you will see that I actually address this as 1 of 3 things that people find crazy about me. I personally have gotten enough flak for my actions at this point to see that I should avoid these topics. If you look at the original post it was what I perceived as a "In your face, Nintendo is more desirable than Atari" action that I had a problem with. I thought when I made the post I was standing on solid ground since it was an Atari related site and that it would not backfire in my face. Which is why the next time someone says that something could of gone for so much more money if only it was an NES game I will let someone else fight that battle. I just really hope this never becomes a Nintendo centered site. Only because this is the only major Atari centered site with a forum that I know of. The NES already has a ton of sites with forums singing it's praises.

Well that is one of my points.

I never "bashed" Atari and saying something positive about another system other than Atari shouldn't upset anyone and if you look at these past coversations it hasn't upset anyone BUT you. You tried to counter with bashes against NES like it would upset me but really it doesn't and why should it? Predicting the future based on how I assume new collectors will fill the ranks shouldn't be seen as a praise for the NES or a bash against Atari anyway. It says nothing about the qualtiy of gaming just that one is dead and the other still alive. That part is fact and my assumption based on that may not come true but it doesn't say anything to praise or bash either one of them.

The fact that you feel this way as if I am attacking you personally means this hobby is too close to your ego. You need to feel good about your hobby to feel good about yourself. Thats just not healty.

I'd rather have an Atlantis II than a girlfriend, lots more people have girlfriends than have AII's!

My wife, however, would probably prefer that I (continue to) have neither... ;)

I dunno man.

A wife AND a girlfriend?

Not everyone can pull that off for any length of time.

I'd rather have an Atlantis II than a girlfriend, lots more people have girlfriends than have AII's!

I dunno man.

A wife AND a girlfriend?

Not everyone can pull that off for any length of time.

:D I shouldn't say much more! Might get caught. ;)

There are 3 things that I do that seem crazy. 1. Go on and on about a certain game I have. 2. Go on and on about how prices on Atari 2600 games will be huge one day. 3. Go on and on about how I don't have a girlfriend. I have learned that the people here simply don't want too hear it and so I have started to veer away from topics like this.

Is there some new definition of 'veer away' that means 'do it every five minutes' :?:

I spoke with people at CGE who met you for the first time and they said within a minute or two of meeting you, you were whipping out your Atlantis II cart and they were totally taken aback this as it was so out of context.

I'd say given what we have seen already, those people at CGE should be very glad that was all that was whipped out.

Why not both, this is how me and my wife "spice it up"

post-9102-1196612600_thumb.jpg

:rolling: :rolling:

That is too good. :cool: :D And to BuyAtari. I think you are right. I have put too much emotional investment into this hobby. And I even transferred feelings of myself onto material objects in this hobby. In the end no matter what material possessions you have they are still objects.