IGNORED

Flashback 2 Junior?

Dunno if I want to take the plunge and mod my FB, but if I do, I thought it would be cool to mod it into a Jr. case. Has anybody done this before, or modded it into any other 2600 case for that matter?

Besides the Tron mod, all I've seen is FB2 cases with garish holes drilled into them. Not really my style.

Dunno if I want to take the plunge and mod my FB, but if I do, I thought it would be cool to mod it into a Jr. case. Has anybody done this before, or modded it into any other 2600 case for that matter?

Besides the Tron mod, all I've seen is FB2 cases with garish holes drilled into them. Not really my style.

I will give you a better idea... How about modding the Flashback 2 with a cart, inside a Flashback 1 casing?!

That would look awesomely cool and it would be a really nice and REAL JR!

And in the same time this mod will make the Flashback 1 worthy of something!

Eh, that would still require me drilling some ugly holes.

Er, ugly would be relevant to how nice you would want to make it. I think a Flashback 1 with the Flashback 2 guts and a nice cart port would look cool (squeezed but cool!). Now, modding a Flashback 2 to put it in a JR case.. I really dont see the point there (except for the built in games). But you can always get a knockoff 2600 JR with built in games and have what you want there (and save you the mod and your Flashback 2 in the same time).

The Flashback 1 joysticks are good for their own purpose, but I prefer the regular or Flashback 2 ones..

(But if you intend to use them in Flashback 2 or any Atari 2600 ports they need different pin addressing)...

Keep us posted if you finally go after modding..

Now, modding a Flashback 2 to put it in a JR case.. I really dont see the point there (except for the built in games).

Built-in games plus the really nice composite video output. I'd use a broken Jr., of course. There's gotta be tons of them around.

I know I'd have to mod the Flashback controller...I was just wondering if it'd be good for anything...it looks kind of comfortable, but I've seen mixed reviews.

Edited by Asaki