IGNORED

THE POWER STICK !!!

chromizone

i just bought an atari cx2600 a with 35 games 10 controllers(4 paddel 4 regular two power stick) and the cd type holding stand built for aari games ALL FOR TEN DOLLERS CANADAIN (awesome huh?) but i went through the 2600 archieves and the power stick is not listed and iv never seen or heard of it befor are theese rare hard to find worth money???does any one know? HEY ALEX AND ALBERT!!! have u heard of theese? there are REALLY small and have a ball type joystick with two bottons on the top right and top left of the controllers does any one know of theese?

I have a couple of these that came in a box-lot I bought. I've never seen them before either. My 2-yr old likes playing with it (perfect size!) :D

As far as the value...I believe they are worth about $10 and would rate them as being very rare but not extremely rare about a 6/10.

I do not believe the Amiga Power Stick is all that rare. I have several of them myself and I didn't go out of my way to acquire them. I know Alex also has (or had) some as well. Certainly there are rarer controllers out there.

You got a great deal on the system, games and controllers, congrats! :)

..Al

I had two of the Amiga Power Sticks back in the early '80's. They are very small compared to other Atari controllers. I do like the buttons--they have almost no resistance when you press them and are great for rapid-fire games. The stick is lousy for diagonal directions and they are not very durable. Both seemed to wear out quickly but their small size could have been a factor.

Also, these were later manufactured for the Amiga computers.