IGNORED

HSC Season 5 Week 12: Kabobber

Ze_ro

My final submission for the week!!!! :D

post-10944-1196748684_thumb.jpg

There is a pattern to it.

My Tip: The waves that used to kill me off were the ones where the enemies can move vertically. However, after playing it enough I found they have only a few patterns. One is two ups then two downs and the other is always up. With this you can simply avoid the enemies and go for the Princess bonus. Pick up the green ones if you need to max out the reserves for the most bonus. After I started avoiding most enemies (they never move too fast to dodge) and just collect the Princess bonus points the game became much easier.

OK, this is my 2nd and last entry for this week...

Somehow, this is a typical Activision game, concerning the scoring scheme. There are several Activision games I know where the scoring increases with each round, and the remaining lives get counted as a bonus at the end of each round, where each life's worth also increases with each round. Those games include Pressure Cooker, Keystone Kapers, Plaque Attack, Seaquest, Frostbite...

but ACTUALLY, that scoring scheme has been derived from the Atari coin-op "Missile Command", where you also get a multiplier which increases every other round... and the remaining shots and cities get tallied up at the end of each round.

Oh, and I've read in the news some days ago that Activision, that company started by 8 disgruntled Atari employees, now has been bought by Vivendi... just thought I'd mention this because we're playing an Activision game this week.

post-8393-1196800438_thumb.png