IGNORED

What is a good, cheap, printer to use with the 850/ICD P:R: interfaces?

undeadmechanic

I have both an 850 and ICD P:R: interface for my 8-bits and I am looking for a "new" printer to use with them. I have an ancient Epson MX80 that works flawlessly with them, but, after 20 years, I've had enough of the screeching beast and tractor feed paper is getting hard to find around here. I would prefer a good laser printer, since I don't print very often and ink cartridges dry out too fast.

Can someone suggest any particular brand/model I should rummage through ebay for?

Thanks.

David

Thanks for the info. I found a model I'm interested in and I emailed 'em to see if it supports FX emulation.

For quite a few years, I used a Star Micronics 9-pin. It was very Epson MX compatible, but I never liked the poor 9-pin print. I now have an Epson Action Printer 3250. I like it because it is very compact, is a sheet-feed (or form feed) model, and a 24-pin printer with very good print. For a D-M, it is very quiet. I paid about $30 for it. You probably can find the manual for it on line. Incidently, I don't use it for such, but I'm pretty sure that it can also be a Win-printer, too.

Having said that, 99% of the time, I now use APE's virtual MX printer. It does a beautiful job when hooked to a modern ink-jet or lazer -- and FAST. It is another amazing addition to (registered) APE. I don't believe it is in the trial version.

-Larry

I used to have a Star Micronics color DM printer that I used on a win95 box, and it worked quite well. Sadly, it didn't stand the test of time nearly as well as my Epson MX80.

I like the functionality of APE's printer emulator, but I'm also an oddball in that regard. I love using actual Atari hardware whenever even remotely possible. Besides, I'm a Linux nerd... :D