IGNORED

Who is the seller gamesandstuff?

Albert

Just outa curiosity....how can you tell when someone is doing that?

Unless someone is using tiny thumbs, it's not very difficult to take a look at the images and compare them to see that they are the same. For example, here is a copy of Ballblazer for the 7800 this seller has listed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ballblazer-Atari-7800-...bayphotohosting

Take a look at the image on the bottom of the page. Now take a look at the image from the AtariAge database:

http://www.atariage.com/box_page.html?Soft...p;BoxStyleID=74

There are creases in the bottom left and right corners that match. The upper-right corner is bent in a little bit. And there is a mark on the box above the letters "azer" in the "Ballblazer" title visible in both images.

I looked at several auctions (where he's using an obvious box scan) and every one I looked at was an image used from AtariAge.

..Al

That definitely looks like yours. I hate picture thiefs.

I have three main beefs with this:

1) The seller is using images that do not represent the exact items being sold. This isn't as big a deal with NOS items which seems to be what this seller has up for auction, but the seller should still have made the effort to take original pictures himself rather than stealing them from someone else's website.

2) The seller is using these images for his or her own financial gain. If someone is just selling a few individual games from their collection, I generally don't care that much. But when someone has hundreds of listings and has been doing this for some time, that's another issue altogether.

3) The seller did not even have the courtesy to ask permission before using the images.

..Al

Even the ones with multiple game boxes look like pictures from earlier auctions that I have seen recently

Interesting, but not surprising if true. I don't understand how if you're going to make a business of selling countless copies of NOS games, why you can't take some pictures yourself to illustrate the auctions. Some people are just lazy and/or inconsiderate. I'm going to assume that the seller is not an AtariAge member since a search of the seller's username only brought up three threads (before I started this one).

..Al

Go get 'im!

Although it appears a daunting task. Usually you have to report each theft auction number individually, they want you to do all the work. Although I wouldn't bother reporting them all, after so many he should get the hint, if he only fixes the ones you report at first he'll leave himself open for further strikes, and after too many of those they'll get nasty with him.

Go get 'im!

Although it appears a daunting task. Usually you have to report each theft auction number individually, they want you to do all the work. Although I wouldn't bother reporting them all, after so many he should get the hint, if he only fixes the ones you report at first he'll leave himself open for further strikes, and after too many of those they'll get nasty with him.

I think he can paste the auction numbers into one report. Up to 10 #'s IIRC.

Could it be that Michael Sweet guy , from SweetStuff4U. After all , just noting he's in Florida , and happens to have the "Stuff" in his username? Maybe just a coincidence? Has anybody ordered from him to get a return address?

Huh, that would be interesting. I wouldn't hesitate one moment to report his auctions if that were the case.

..Al

Could it be that Michael Sweet guy , from SweetStuff4U. After all , just noting he's in Florida , and happens to have the "Stuff" in his username? Maybe just a coincidence? Has anybody ordered from him to get a return address?

I bought one game from that seller. NIB. The game arrived in decent shape and packed well but I Cant remember what it was. Maybe a 7800 I was missing to help finish my 7800 collection but that was 6 weeks to 2 months ago. Would that info still be available in my friends Paypal account??? or would I need the box he sent it in because that I dont have. I could ask Mark to look if that info is in the payment somewhere but Im not going to bother him if it's not. Anyone know for sure? Anyhow, go get em Al. Im gonna go read my Krok Manual. Thanks for that! Cheers

I bought one game from that seller. NIB. The game arrived in decent shape and packed well but I Cant remember what it was. Maybe a 7800 I was missing to help finish my 7800 collection but that was 6 weeks to 2 months ago. Would that info still be available in my friends Paypal account??? or would I need the box he sent it in because that I dont have. I could ask Mark to look if that info is in the payment somewhere but Im not going to bother him if it's not. Anyone know for sure? Anyhow, go get em Al. Im gonna go read my Krok Manual. Thanks for that! Cheers

No, you don't normally get the seller's address when you make a PayPal payment. Does eBay still let you pull the contact information for a seller from whom you've won an auction? Been some time since I've had to do that.

..Al

And should I delete this info once you see it Al?

None of my business, but why didn't you PM it if you were concerned? :ponder:

Well i seen him at the bottom of the post so i thought he was here and would respond. I'll do that now.

BTW, you like your Malagai? I dont remember you letting me know it arrived or anything??? Cheers

Well i seen him at the bottom of the post so i thought he was here and would respond. I'll do that now.

Really busy tonight--thanks for digging up the info and sending it to me. :)

..Al

BTW, you like your Malagai? I dont remember you letting me know it arrived or anything??? Cheers

Oh, sorry, yes I'm very happy with that Malagai :cool: , so many times I was one click away from buying the bare chip but kept wondering what I'd ever do with it!

Shawn did do a great job on the labels too, just wish he was a better speller... :sad: