IGNORED

Scored one!

edweird13

For $300 USD at Radio Shack. What is the EMU scene like for it. Need info This is the newest console I have had since Dreamcast.

GFY. I got one too at Wally World. It wasn't that hard. I just showed up on a shipment day at about 12:30. They had 10 left and expected to sell them out in the next hour.

It's my first console since the Dreamcast too. (Other than the DS that is.) Can't wait to play with it next week (I'm saving it for my B-day.) :)

For $300 USD at Radio Shack. What is the EMU scene like for it. Need info This is the newest console I have had since Dreamcast. My boys are gonna be stoked.

Radio Shack is selling the Wii? For $300? Did that include anything besides the console?

..Al

No just the basic package. They are really hard to get in my area. My wife was at Sam goody in the mall asking about it. Aguy was standing beside her and said he was wondwring too. So when my wife left the store this guy followed her out. Then he motioned to my wife and said he was an employee of Radio Shack and doing "reconnaissance", which is right around the corner from Sam Goody, and that they were getting 2 today. So my waited and got one. The only thing I dot like about the Wii is thw WIFI connection. I hate WIFI and dont have a WAP. So I will probably have to get the USB LAN adapter.

For $300 USD at Radio Shack. What is the EMU scene like for it. Need info This is the newest console I have had since Dreamcast. My boys are gonna be stoked.

Radio Shack is selling the Wii? For $300? Did that include anything besides the console?

..Al

No just the basic package. They are really hard to get in my area. My wife was at Sam goody in the mall asking about it. Aguy was standing beside her and said he was wondwring too. So when my wife left the store this guy followed her out. Then he motioned to my wife and said he was an employee of Radio Shack and doing "reconnaissance", which is right around the corner from Sam Goody, and that they were getting 2 today. So my waited and got one. The only thing I dot like about the Wii is thw WIFI connection. I hate WIFI and dont have a WAP. So I will probably have to get the USB LAN adapter.

Huh, that's interesting. I thought Nintendo had rules against selling the basic package for more than $250 :ponder:

According to the Radio Shack website they sell the Wii for the standard MSRP of $249.99 plus shipping. Or buy it in stores for MSRP + tax if applicable. I suspect he picked up a Wii and extra remote and that would explain the $300 price. I can't see why their website would state the standard price and then have the price be something different in the store.

I know some retailers do this, like circuit city and Wal-mart. But I don't think Radio Shack would charge an extra $50 above retail? And while those retailers may have different pricing online vs in the store. The in store price will still not be above the MSRP, so again, I don't see why Radio Shack would do that.

On a note about charging more than MSRP on stuff for the Wii. My local K-marts charge 59.99 for the Wii remote and $25 for the nunchuck. Those are both over MSRP. And what about the Wii point cards?! I think all the retailers sell them above the $20 they are worth. Radio Shack has them for $24.99 which is nearly $5 more than the points end up being worth. Makes me all the more glad that when I purchase points for the VC, I do so from the wii shop channel itself and only get charge the exact $20, $10, or whatever I'm buying for.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-