IGNORED

need technical know how info

russ

yeah i know that all the roms for each have been made avaiable but i just wanted the info for educational purposes you know ? to see if i could do it myself just for fun i am kind of handy with hardware so i thought why not try my hand at somthing other than do it yourself project's from radio shack's mini engineer handbooks.

but who knows maybe i will fail and maybe i won't i will just have to try and see have a great day/evening

russell morton

I don't know if the above listed web site is the same, but I did the 7800 upgrade that changes the OS to one that supports dumping carts ROMs to a PC and allows transferring code you write to the 7800 using a hacked cartridged.

I used this mod to help troubleshoot some games I was trying to get to work on cartridge. Running into issues with trying to figure out how to properly place the code on a 1megabit size cart. The tool, even though didn't solve my problem, did aid in confirming I was doing things right.

I found the link for the mod off of Dan Boris's web site.

It's the same project, but the link on Dan's website still points to our old page. Through the link above you can find the second release with some "newer" software. Since it's release Graham Percy has created a nice 144KB RAM cart with Atari's type of bankswitching. He even created a version that works without having to modify the 7800 console. The software to support this type of RAM cart still isn't quite finished yet (Somehow I get the feeling that I have too many hobby projects going on at once ;) ), but if you think a tool like this might help you to sort out the problems with your games, and you don't mind working with beta version software, please feel free to contact me via email.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

It's the same project, but the link on Dan's website still points to our old page. Through the link above you can find the second release with some "newer" software. Since it's release Graham Percy has created a nice 144KB RAM cart with Atari's type of bankswitching. He even created a version that works without having to modify the 7800 console. The software to support this type of RAM cart still isn't quite finished yet (Somehow I get the feeling that I have too many hobby projects going on at once ;) ), but if you think a tool like this might help you to sort out the problems with your games, and you don't mind working with beta version software, please feel free to contact me via email.

Glad to hear it's still in works. That is a feature I could use.

I did manage to get a 7800 dev board. Just need to restore it to original condition. It's a board that was modified by Atari to do 2600 stuff with. Even has a SARA chip on it. But I need it for 7800 stuff.

Thanks for the clarification.