IGNORED

Wii Fit is going to be a H*U*G*E seller

Mendon

Here's a hands-on report for the just released Japanese version of Wii Fit: IGN Wii Fit Hands-on

I'm predicting that with the all the news focus being put on the current fitness (or unfitness) of U.S. citizens, with all the books and magazines being published about weight loss, with a new diet being released on a weekly basis, with all the new "100 Calorie Packs" available in grocery stores to help with diets, and with all the interest being shown by people in becoming more fit.... that Wii Fit is going to be a HUGE seller for Nintendo. I also predict that Wii Fit will continue the "shortage" of Wii systems for quite some time as those in search of assistance in weight loss will seek out the Wii and Wii Fit to help them do so.

I know I'm getting Wii Fit as I'm trying to lose my Senior Citizen spread. Plus it looks fun!

Mendon

Even without the focus of obesity in the media, it'd still be a huge seller, althogh obviously not as much.

Nearly every woman is obsessed with losing weight. As long as it's advertised, it's just one of those obvious kind of games that'll be HUGE, it's surprising why nothing like this seems to have been done before.

*EDIT*

This has now got me thinking of other things which would probably be huge sellers.

Games/applications that teach your kids subjects (speciafically for kids who're studying), there could be a game for each subject.

Something to do with religion? That'd probably be pretty big in America, and it'd certainly go down a storm in the bible belt.

Edited by Ross PK

I've said it before--I can't wait for Wii Fit. I currently use the boxing game in Wii Sports as my running warm-up (gets the blood pumping), but a real fitness game will be great! I also know that it's one game my wife is looking forward to.

It's going to be huge and insanely so.

Edit:

Well, I just got back from the IGN forums and boy is my brain sore! I can't believe how many people are COMPLAINING about this game like a bunch of pre-teens. Oh wait... Ugh. Just a reminder for anyone considering clicking that link and visiting those forums. Don't do it. It really makes me appreciate AtariAge!

Edited by phaxda

it's surprising why nothing like this seems to have been done before.

This idea has been around for over 20 years. Remember Exus came out with 2 different games for the Atari 2600 that did just this.

http://www.atariage.com/company_page.html?...emFilterID=2600

Edited by homerwannabee

Yeah, and Paper Mario is JUST LIKE Adventure for the 2600.

This idea has been around for over 20 years. Remember Exus came out with 2 different games for the Atari 2600 that did just this.

Of course they are different, never said that they were the same. I just meant that the idea to have a game where you can exercise to it has been around for 20 years.

Of course they are different, never said that they were the same. I just meant that the idea to have a game where you can exercise to it has been around for 20 years.

Actually if you count the unreleased Puffer system for the 8-bit/5200, it's been more like 25 years.

Tempest

Well, Play-asia have it in stock for the jap system

Nintendo's Wii Fit (w/ Wii Board) is in stock today, shipping at a revised price of US$ 189.90 due to insufficient supply in the market, price hikes caused by Japanese distributors and the high import shipping charge of this 4500g box set. This is the Japanese release edition, only suitable for playback on a Japanese Wii™ console.

sounds like a lot of bux to me, and if the trend of price being the same as the dollar price when it hits our shores then £200 is way too much for poor overweight me :(

• 4 months later...

Since Wii Fit comes out next week I was looking around for reviews and found this:

http://www.4colorrebellion.com/wii-fit/

Nice to know that Wii Fit can actually help you lose weight. I know a gym membership could do the same thing, but being able to do exercises in your own home and have the computer track progress for you is a nice touch. I think I'll pick this up when it comes out. Even if it doesn't help me lose any weight, it could be fun.

Tempest

Ha, thread bumped already. I came here to report this:

Wii Fit Sells Out in UK -- From Wired

Looks pretty brilliant from here. I pre-ordered my copy from Amazon today; used some certificates from the holidays. I am really looking forward to it!

I don't think it'll sell brilliantly well in UK. You're going to need a lot of space in front of the TV to use that. Our houses are generally pretty small.
Edited by phaxda

I just pre-ordered my Wii Fit from Amazon. Not sure how long they will be taking pre-orders but at least I got mine in the system.

A nice part of this pre-order was that I bought Wii Fii for $39.99 with free shipping. I accomplished this price because I bought the Xbox360 HD DVD add-on from Amazon when they lowered the price to $50. Amazon announced last week that they are giving a $50 credit to everyone who purchased an HD Player (including the add-on) before Feb. 28th (or 23rd, I forget) and I decided to use the credit towards my purchase of Wii Fit.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon