IGNORED

Paypal Question

evancich

Hello,

I am new to the ebay/paypal scene, and I was wondering if somebody could clarify this for me. I won an auction, and I sent the sell the requested funds via paypal. The seller emailed back a bit later saying he clicked on the deny button, and he wanted me to re-send the money. I checked my paypal account, and he did in fact deny the funds.

My question is, what happened to the money I sent the seller? Did it just go back to my paypal account with no fees charged?

Or, is this guy somehow going to un-deny the 1st transaction, when I send a second payment?

It's possible that you sent this person a credit card payment that their free account cannot accept. Only merchant accounts can accept credit card payments, but the seller will have to pay a fee for that service. If he only has the free personal account, credit card payments and even some other type of transfers cannot be accepted.

He can't take your money once the transaction is denied, and you were not charged or billed for that cancelled transaction.

quote:

Originally posted by Adrian M:

You can also deny payments if the seller/buyer is using an "unconfirmed" address.

I've used an "unconfirmed" address many times, usually because I had recently moved and hadn't yet updated my information. No one has ever denied a payment I've sent to them, and I've easily sent over 100 using PayPal. Perhaps if I didn't have any feedback on eBay and I was using an unconfirmed address people might be more leary.

But most people want your money and aren't going to deny the payment unless they have good reason. Or they clicked the wrong button (which is probably what happened in this case.. Does PayPal not have an "Are you sure?" confirmation when doing this?)

..Al

I've done many transactions (150+) with PayPal and an uncomfirmed address. It has only been a problem once, where I just used BidPay instead.

I emailed PayPal about this some time ago and as near as I can tell, they only seem to confirm addresses in the USA for some reason (I'm in Canada). So what I do is: I email the seller independently confirming payment, I say: "To confirm the address PayPal sent you, it is: " and list my address.

Like I said, only one problem so far and even that seller said he would still do the transaction, just fax me a copy of your drivers license and credit card. Oh yeah, thats real secure. Thats the one I sent a M.O. via BidPay instead.

Anyone else know why PayPal won't confirm non-USA addresses?

as always,

Markimus of K.