IGNORED

Is bB Ready For Primetime?

MausGames

Is bB Ready For Primetime?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Have you played many bB homebrews, and if so - what do you think?

• Yes, and they are great!
    • Yes, and they are ok - could be much better...
    • Yes, and I didn't like them very much.
    • Yes, and I thought they completely sucked.
    • No, but I plan to sooner or later...
    • No, and I don't plan to.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Working SARA prototype... It's running the sample Superchip program included with bB (draw.bas) with the 32-high playfield.

Only problem is there are 4 ICs. Ideally I'd like to integrate the functionality of the 74123 chip into the PLD, and I'm investigating that at the moment. However, the PLD is pretty full already (one output left) with 32k bankswitching and /CE, /OE and /WE RAM signals. I have already tried and failed with just RC circuits and they sort of worked but they fed metastability into my circuit. If anyone has some advice here I'd like to hear it :)

But at any rate, things are looking good for bB Superchip users :)

post-5792-1197600681_thumb.jpg

See, told you guys. Batari, that is great to hear. I have plenty of superchip games here I'd like to release in cartridge form, including some that would make great multicarts. I'm really hoping that these boards will coincide with a bB release that allows player graphics in any bank. I enjoyed designing Project Eden and would like to finish it. I still think it is the best game design I've put together, but there are just way to many graphics to fit into one bank. Come to think of it, it wasn't a superchip game. Makes me really want to go back and work on it more...

PS - The only other thing about 1.0 that's made me eager for a 1.1 is the vertical scrolling. It's way screwy in 1.0, especially when using any kernel options.

Edited by MausGames

I'm really hoping that these boards will coincide with a bB release that allows player graphics in any bank.

In GoSub 2, I have player graphics in more than one bank.

Great news, as I want to release GoSub 2.

Unless things have changed, you can place your player graphics in any bank, but they are all moved to the last bank during compile. So you can only have 4k of graphics data in a game, no matter what rom size. My game Project Eden has about three times that, and still seems lacking.

If this has changed, it was an undocumented change as far as I know, and one that I'd love to know about. I guess I should do a quick test...

Edited by MausGames