IGNORED

the $1225 sealed playstation final fantasy VII

orangest

I will never understand collecting for the playstation, guess for me the generation gap is starting for Video Game collecting...

Oh yeah, sealed game collecters are nuts also :D

I agree. The playstation is very flat when it comes to retrogamers. Could be the fact that the PS2 is reverse compatible to most all of the PS1 games. I'm sure we'd be seeing more of the same with the 2600 if it was just a cookie-cutter system and the 7800 had done well enough to have lasted longer than it did. Of course, with the 2600, you still have the 'love of your first game system' and so many variants to choose from which, in itself, is a cause to make collectors need a drool bib. ;)

I said it in another thread, but that's an abnormally high price for a sealed FF7. It's definitely the most expensive game for the system however you can usually find sealed black labels for around $600. They show up often enough that theres no reason to pay even $1000.

It wasn't limited production or anything compared to what you'd consider a normal rare game. It has lots of fans and I assume two novices got in a bidding war trying to get it as a christmas present or something.

i found mine for $7.99 at a goodwill. there's no shrinkwrap, and the seal isn't 100% pristine (the piece sticking up has since come off), but apparently this copy was submitted for award consideration way back when by andrew house, who was appointed to chief marketing officer for sony in 2005 after 10 years at the company.

and a sealed intelligent qube went for a relative bargain of $213.50 back in october.

ffVII.jpg

Edited by orangest

I recently found a complete Valkyrie profile at a pawn shop and I am ashamed to say what I got for it on EBay. Yeah, it’s a good game but not $20 over original MSRP for a used copy great!

Then I found some new copies of Mario DDR at Target for $35 each and lets just say my family is having a very nice Christmas this year.

I freaking don't get FF7 though, it was a greatest hits title!

Edited by workingstiff

Exactly, which according to wiki "games could become GH titles after selling at least 150,000 copies and being on the market for at least a year"

And I'm pretty sure it sold way more than that. So yeah, sure sealed copies of almost anything except shovelware are rare, but FF7 itself is not a particularly rare game to have.

Exactly, which according to wiki "games could become GH titles after selling at least 150,000 copies and being on the market for at least a year"

And I'm pretty sure it sold way more than that. So yeah, sure sealed copies of almost anything except shovelware are rare, but FF7 itself is not a particularly rare game to have.

500000 ;)

People really don't like the greatest hit versions.

Is it like a 'label variation' or something? It seems like the GH versions would be harder to find as they came out after the game's prime.

That'd make sense except the GH come out at a lower price point (generally $20) vs whatever retail the game used to have, which for FF7 was probably $50 or $60. That opens it up to a new market and they tend to sell a lot more. For games that just barely broke the threshold, the GH variant might be rarer but not for anything popular.

People really don't like the greatest hit versions.

Ya right the GH version is going for $50 to $75 new on epay! It's dumb I know but it's true look for yourself! I think I'm gonna hit up my local Zellers and grab a few for the $20 bucks they are worth :lol:

Edited by Shawn Sr.