IGNORED

7800 Control Pad (NES Pad Conversion) for Sale

doubledown

Well my first work trip ended a little early so I was able to get a few more controllers made up. These will be available on a first PM, first serve basis, from those on the list untill the rest are made. I still have another work trip on 1/2-1/4 and will get back to building the rest once I'm home.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was hoping to have the rest of these done by this weekend, but due to an unfortunate illness and short stint (3 hours) in the ER, and recovery time at home this past week, I've been a little delayed. A few of you have money orders in route to me, those controllers are done and are ready for shipment once I receive payment. I'm hoping to get the rest done this week or this weekend at the latest. Thanks all for your patience.

Its worth the wait BTW they function great and are useful for all those people that are scared of joysticks.

For the record, I'm not scared of joysticks! I'm scared of the intense crippling pain in my wrists that they cause! ;)

I could only afford one this time around (money order is in the mail!) so I'm hoping another run will be offered later in the year, perhaps sometime in the spring. :)

Its worth the wait BTW they function great and are useful for all those people that are scared of joysticks.

For the record, I'm not scared of joysticks! I'm scared of the intense crippling pain in my wrists that they cause! ;)

I could only afford one this time around (money order is in the mail!) so I'm hoping another run will be offered later in the year, perhaps sometime in the spring. :)

Go for it!I recommend this pad to anyone who has trouble with the Prolines :thumbsup:

Ok, all the rest of the control pads have been finished and all interested parties have been PM'ed. If you were on the list and didn't get a PM let me know. Also there might be 1 or 2 left after all are purchased in case anyone was interested in a 2nd one, or anyone who wasn't on the original list wanted one. I'll update the thread when I know how many are left over. Thanks everyone.

If there is still the possibility of getting one of these, I am definitely ready to get one. Sorry, this is the first time I've been in this forum, and just discovered this. Please let me know - email is thursday_83@hotmail.com

Thanks much. I can paypal money over immediately.

E-Mail sent.

• 2 weeks later...

For the record, mine arrived on friday - had to pick it up at the post office on saturday since I was gone at the time tho. :) Works perfectly and it's a hell of a lot easier to play games on the console with it compared to the prolines. :) Have to consider tracking down a copy of Scrapyard Dog eventually just so I can play it on actual hardware later this year. :D

Got mine yesterday. It works fine. I think it looks really cool. However, as the NES pad isn't exactly my favorite game controller, this one will likely be mostly a neat collectible. I'll probably use it for Impossible Mission, as I find it's more of a joypad game, but when I press right on the real Atari joypad sometimes I go up an elevator and into an robot's beam instead. Other than that, I was happy with the original Atari joypad for Double Dragon, Scrapyard Dog, Midnight Mutants, and Planet Smashers, and with the prolines for everything else anyway.

Still, very cool, and for people who love the NES controller, I imagine it's a God send.

By the way, I think there was some kind of link my brain drew to my childhood when I used this controller. I never hurt my Atari stuff, no matter how mad I get at a game. However, last night I landed in front of a rat in "Scrapyard Dog" instead of on top of him and I lost my last life. Without thinking about it at all, I hurled my brand new, personally made controller at the entertainment unit as hard as I could. Two seconds later I was checking it for scratches (there weren't any), but it's odd that I haven't done that in a long time, and the minute I got an NES controller I started acting like an 8 year old again.

• 6 years later...

Well there's been some talk of these for a while so I finally got around to making one for myself. It is an NES control pad, converted both in wiring and cosmetically, to work with and match the look of the Atari 7800. The controller features a directional pad, and 2 independent fire buttons wired for functionality with the 7800. The original NES start/select buttons have been removed and the area where they were is shaved, filled, and sanded as if they were never there since they are not needed for the Atari. The gray casing is dyed black, and a laser printed, heat-laminated, overlay is permanatly adhered over the face of the controller. Finally a universal game storage case is modified to hold the controller and a insert is installed into the sleeve to complete the package. Some people here have expressed an interest in these so I am making them available for sale. The price is $45.00 plus $5.00 for shipping within the U.S. For those in the U.S. the controllers will be shipped boxed via USPS Priority Mail, with Delivery Confirmation. For those outside of the U.S. you can check USPS.com or UPS.com for shipping quotes. The controller packaging is 8" x 6" x 1", weighs about 13 oz. and can be shipped via your shipping preferences including padded envelope or boxed, and standard, priority, or expedited speed. Just add $1.00 to the price you see at USPS or UPS to pay for the envelove or box and packaging. I realize Christmas is coming up and some people have gifts to buy for others right now, but I would just rather make a batch of these at once versus one here and one there. So if you're interested in one or more (combined shipping available), let me know by responding to this thread so I can get a ballpark idea of how many of these to make. I'll keep this thread open until 12/16/07 and start making them once I get an idea of how many people want them. Even if you don't want to buy untill after Christmas that's fine just let me know. I accept payment via PayPal, check, or money order. 7800nescontrollerdt3.jpg7800casefrontpz7.jpgThus far:Atarifever - (1) - anytimesciarpo - (1) - after x-masso_tough! - (1) - after x-mascosmosiss - (1) - after x-masHammR25 - (2) - anytimeApolloBoy - (?) - ???Mord - (1) - after x-masGarrettCRW - (1) - after x-masFireTiger - (1-2) - after x-masBill_Loguidice - (1) - anytimetjb - (2) - anytimeElerach - (1) after x-masjasonbar - (2) - anytimeCousin Vinnie - (1) - ???phaxda - (1) - after x-masgambler172 - (1) - ???moonpatrol - (2) - anytimelegeek - (1) - ???

I know this thread is a half of decade old, but.......

Anyone still got these?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a NES pad, with two resistors added (see Atari 7800 wiki), and db9 cable added.

Case has either been dyed or painted black and a custom sticker.

Do they have bondo / jb weld where the start/select buttons would normally be? Sticker looks like it covers that area as well.

Edited by grips03