IGNORED

Thought I saw A Pac-Man Today....

sandmountainslim

...in a gas station/McDonalds but it turned out to be just a worn Pac-Man Cabinet with the "Ms Pac On Crack" or whatever you call that sooped up Ms Pac-Man stuck inside of it :( I have not saw an actual Pac Man machine in operation in years now in a business. Did ALL of the Pac Man machines get converted to Ms Pac and were ALL the Ms. Pac's given the superdooperspeedo chip or whatever?

WP

Not all were converted. The conversion is very simple with just a few rom swaps and a daughter board. Bottom line, Ms. Pac makes more money than Pac Man on location. Fast Ms. Pac makes more than regular Ms. Pac so theres the motivation. Swapping either to high speed is a simple rom swap, although there are other ways to do it. There was a Midway kit to get it to work with a bizarre wired in part....I have only ever had to bypass and repair boards that they are faulty on, so I could not tell you the subtle differences.

I agree Pac is a cool sight. I don't think I have ever seen one on location in the last 7 or so years...

C

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this counts, but if you can find one of the newer Ms Pacman/Galaga combo machines, there's a secret code that will let you play regular Pacman. Insert coins, tap the joystick UUU,DDD,LRLRL and you should hear the "bonus life" sound from Pacman. Then start the game. Impress your friends!

Don't know if this counts, but if you can find one of the newer Ms Pacman/Galaga combo machines, there's a secret code that will let you play regular Pacman. Insert coins, tap the joystick UUU,DDD,LRLRL and you should hear the "bonus life" sound from Pacman. Then start the game. Impress your friends!

NICE! I happen to frequent a bar that has that machine. Gonna really mess with some people's heads now. ;) :D

NICE! I happen to frequent a bar that has that machine. Gonna really mess with some people's heads now. ;) :D

I just want to take a second and confirm that this DOES WORK! I did it today, and managed to rack up some points. 8^)

Only thing I noticed, was that patterns didn't hold up for very long.

I have to wonder, how you discovered this....and how many more games are unlockable in that machine?

I have to wonder, how you discovered this....and how many more games are unlockable in that machine?

Well, I cheated...I found out by accident online. Can't remember the exact site but I saw the tip and thought...ooh, that's neat. A bummer the patterns don't work.

I don't think there are any other games to unlock...but that would have been awesome if Midway had done that!

By the way, there's a theater around here that has the machine set at turbo. I believe the high score on the hidden Pac-Man game is 999,990.