IGNORED

Workin on 7800 cart boards

ninermaniac

Man. I guess I didn't know what I was getting in to. Jinks has to be one of the most complicated carts i've worked on. Huge difference in the way they are made. Galaga, Peice o' Cake, pun is intended, compared to Jinks. I guess some carts require a little more memory than others. I'm gettin' to deep. Gotta learn though. Coming from 4k training. You guys are the best. Can I convert a PAl Version to NTSC with Jinks? :ponder:

Man. I guess I didn't know what I was getting in to. Jinks has to be one of the most complicated carts i've worked on. Huge difference in the way they are made. Galaga, Peice o' Cake, pun is intended, compared to Jinks. I guess some carts require a little more memory than others. I'm gettin' to deep. Gotta learn though. Coming from 4k training. You guys are the best. Can I convert a PAl Version to NTSC with Jinks? :ponder:

Is there a particular reason you want to convert it? NTSC Jinks are very common, unless you are just doing it for the practice. There are quite a few different 7800 cartridge boards, depending on what you are trying to do with it, a different board may be easier to use.

Mitch

Sorry, I can't help you, but it would be really useful if someone has/could make a step by step for making your own 7800 carts

I put this together a while back.

-Jeff

Thanks, that looks very useful, I will have a go when I get some time

• 2 weeks later...

I made some that work with either a 7402 or a 20V8. But I got employed suddenly back in August at what is normally the busiest time of the year for me in my personal life, and THEN had to get the engine in my truck replaced (took three weeks, which was at least a week longer than it was supposed to, and I was sick of the Sentra loaner by then), so I haven't exactly had the time to get more made lately. (I also got sucked into a few PSP games over the past couple of months :ponder:)

http://atari7800.net/mini-ultra/index.html

It does everything but RAM and POKEY. For a 2x2 inch board, I'm damn proud of how it came out. FYI, they were used in the MIA carts.

FYI, they were supposed to be able to do a 256K and 512K mode, but for some reason the mapping was screwed up. I never got around to figuring out what the problem was. I was hoping to use 256K to do 144K, but had to fall back to a different GAL programming for 144K.