IGNORED

Yay, my Wii no longer recognizes my router!

Scumdogg

Well, my one and only use for the Wii just went away. I've basically just been using the thing to browse news and stuff since launch, now for some reason it "can't find an access point" when i try to use any of its internet capabilities.

Awesome.

Mine did that after I got the new update, it didn't say can't find an access point though but that it couldn't connect. (I suppose the specific error might differ by the app using the network). I changed the password on the router and in the Wii and then it worked fine again. You can probably just change the Wii password to something else, and then back to the original so that it resaves whatever config file.

A little annoying. Hopefully it wasn't really your "one and only use" as you should be playing games on it too. :)

Well, my one and only use for the Wii just went away. I've basically just been using the thing to browse news and stuff since launch, now for some reason it "can't find an access point" when i try to use any of its internet capabilities.

Awesome.

Mine did that after I got the new update, it didn't say can't find an access point though but that it couldn't connect. (I suppose the specific error might differ by the app using the network). I changed the password on the router and in the Wii and then it worked fine again. You can probably just change the Wii password to something else, and then back to the original so that it resaves whatever config file.

A little annoying. Hopefully it wasn't really your "one and only use" as you should be playing games on it too. :)

I'll try changing the password. As for it being my "one and only use", yeah...it pretty much is. I own Wii Sports, Wii Play, Twilight Princess, Rayman, Excite Truck, Elebits, and Metroid Prime 3, and i've played about a dozen other games for it here and there. I'm not really impressed with any of it so far...if i'm actually gonna play a game, out of the 28 systems i currently own, the Wii is somewhere between the N64 and the Sega CD in order of priority. :)

I don't know if my tv is just too bit or what, but the pointer gets all stupid and jittery whenever i'm aiming anywhere other than the middles of the screen, and i'd just generally rather use a real controller. My wife played the thing for a while, but now does most of her gaming on the 360. I'm just waiting for Smash Bros. really, which i will be playing with a proper controller. If it wasn't for Smash Bros, i'd have already sold the thing.

I don't know if my tv is just too bit or what, but the pointer gets all stupid and jittery whenever i'm aiming anywhere other than the middles of the screen, and i'd just generally rather use a real controller.

I think it's because the stock sensor bar (IR emitter) has the LEDs so close together, and the further away you stand makes it even more difficult to triangulate. There was an article about people using candles as IR sources (the Wii still requires the sensor bar to be plugged in) but really any wider bar should give better effective resolution.

I'm hoping some third party comes out with a set of two AA-powered IR LEDs with a dongle to trick the wii, so that you can put them anywhere. Then in theory it'd work on big TVs with much better accuracy.

I just got mine a couple of weeks ago, but haven't really played it much. Mostly just Wii Sports and Mario, and I give Mario credit for being very intuitive if you liked the N64 one.

If you're really that unhappy with it, this is the perfect time to sell it on ebay and then rebuy in February. :) Even given that there's 20,000+ listed, it's still crazy hard to find. Enough so that a quick scan shows plenty with no accessories with bids past $400.

If you're really that unhappy with it, this is the perfect time to sell it on ebay and then rebuy in February. :) Even given that there's 20,000+ listed, it's still crazy hard to find. Enough so that a quick scan shows plenty with no accessories with bids past $400.

Well, i don't really need the money, and i've got zero interest in registering TWO sales for Nintendo. Plus they might still be kinda hard to find in February, and i need to be sure i have it when Smash Bros. comes out. Otherwise believe me, i'd have already sold it. :)

My wife played the thing for a while, but now does most of her gaming on the 360. I'm just waiting for Smash Bros. really, which i will be playing with a proper controller. If it wasn't for Smash Bros, I'd have already sold the thing.

The Wii is better than Jesus soaked in Jesus Juice, so shut up! Nothing beats a Wii! I belong to the Totally Awesome Revolutionary Do-gooder Society and we are devoted to the Wii. We will not let you say anything even slightly bad about the Wii! WiiTARDS attack!

:D

My wife played the thing for a while, but now does most of her gaming on the 360. I'm just waiting for Smash Bros. really, which i will be playing with a proper controller. If it wasn't for Smash Bros, I'd have already sold the thing.

The Wii is better than Jesus soaked in Jesus Juice, so shut up! Nothing beats a Wii! I belong to the Totally Awesome Revolutionary Do-gooder Society and we are devoted to the Wii. We will not let you say anything even slightly bad about the Wii! WiiTARDS attack!

Man, when I first saw that I thought it said TARDIS... damn.

Yes sir...i'll go back to my bare-bones sports games now. :(

*waggle waggle*

Well if you have some extra money and you really need to get on the internet with your Wii, you could always consider getting their Nintendo WiFi USB connector. I'm not sure if its available online but I've seen them at my local Best Buy, K-Mart, and at a used video game store.

Edited by Ryanw