IGNORED

Any good Atari finds this weekend?

black dog

Just wondering if anyone found anything good this weekend. I picked up the following loose carts:

Racquetball- playing this game for more than 20 seconds makes my head hurt

Fire Fly- this completes my Mythicon collection of crappy games

King Kong

Total-$5.00

My mom's neighborhood was having a large yard sale (40 households involved). I worked there all day at her house selling stuff from the attic and kept asking passers by if they had seen any old video game equipment. I found nothing until I mentioned this to her neighbor, who was not involved in the big sale. Later she emerged from her basement with her four-switch Atari and games and traded me for an old TV we were selling for $3. Awsome deal!

4-switch Atari 2600 woodgrain

set of paddles, two joysticks, video touch pad, power supply

E.T., Asteroids, M.A.D, Journey Escape, Circus Atari, Eggomania, Othello, Star Raiders, Breakout, Squeeze Box, Gopher, Kaboom! (most games boxed and in various condition)

I now have 59 games. Woo hoo! (Okay...it's not a big collection compared to most folks here, but it was a good haul for me.) I'm holding on to the 4-switcher as a spare...I like my old 6-switcher more (I replaced the old thin video cable with a thick RCA composite cable and the video looks wonderful).

Voch

I discovered this website on Thursday, and discovered that I wanted to be part of it all. So this weekend at the local flea market, I aquired an Atari 2600 and six games for $40.00(US).

I call that a good find! And it all works just lovely. :)

rivalhunter

Same here stan NOTHING!

I even saw a moving sale today(YES ON A MONDAY) on the way home, the whole yard was full of boxes and bags, i spent almost an hour looking through stuff ( the home owner said when i asked if there were any video games "i don't know") and game up empty.

I found:

An Atari 800XL, with disk drive, tape drive, printer and Atari Writer cart. Everything but the disk drive is boxed. Everything works as far as I've tested it (haven't got a disk or tape to test the drives, but they power up).

A$50 (~US$27)

(http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11722)

I've already orderd a SIO2PC cable, and I'm shopping for a ROM upgrade with an OS, a RAM upgrade and possibly the black box hard drive and IO upgrade.