IGNORED

Watch out for this NWC auction!

Buyatari

There is a one day grey NWC auction on ebay. It was reported on nintendoage that the same # sold or was offered last year on ebay yet this seller claims he found it at a flee market.

BID AT YOUR OWN RISK

I can't find it. Auction number or link please?

Edit: oh, there it is. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=170177883196

Edited by lemoncurry

It is the exact same photo that is on Nintendoage. When you click on the link below it make the thumb full size it has a watermark as well as "nintendonage.com" written over the top left of the cart. My guess is they either photoshopped these out or broke the link to make it fullsize without the watermarks. Either way buyer beware.

http://www.nintendoage.com/index.cfm?FuseA...20D8812467867A4

d789_1.JPGDD243CDD-A7B9-C722-520D8812467867A4.jpg

At least that explains the number issue. Maybe the guy really does have one and the high bidder got a steal! It's possible... :ponder:

If so, the seller is nuts for not doing it properly.

If I were the high bidder, I'd travel to pay and pick up in person... If the seller balks at that, no deal!

After all, this cart has gone as high as $21,000! :roll:

At least that explains the number issue. Maybe the guy really does have one and the high bidder got a steal! It's possible... :ponder:

If so, the seller is nuts for not doing it properly.

If I were the high bidder, I'd travel to pay and pick up in person... If the seller balks at that, no deal!

After all, this cart has gone as high as $21,000! :roll:

Well its a grey not a gold but stealing the pic of one that was on ebay last year and saying it was found at a flee market? Highly unlikely.

• 3 weeks later...

LOL what a mess. If I was gonna put a BIN for $2000, I would add a picture of the cart running, or at least use some punctuation. Maybe even let the auction run longer than a day?

And if you are totally clueless about the value, don't put a BIN at all FFS.

I'm sorry..... i know there are hardcore collectors out there but for me it's all about perspective really, i don't care if Elvis rose from the grave hopped in his Cadillac drove to the moon and played this game while giving a 24 hour concert for charity, $5000 puts a nice down payment on a car , goes a long way to fixing the roof on my house, can go into a savings plan for a college education for my kid, or just pays a hell of a lot of bills.

If i'm down at the local Red White and Blue thrift store and i snag a Chase the Chuckwagon for 1/2 off then thats cool!(I did this) If i am at my local grocery store and they are clearing out the old game systems to make way for the new ones in their movie dept and i snag a complete Jaguar system for $5 and a stack-o- games for $1 each then thats cool too! (This happened to me too at the Giant Eagle in West View,PA)

My point is what someone else does with their money is their business but seeing the price for that cartridge just blew my mind enough for me to feel that i had to comment :-o