IGNORED

Double Dragon- a "final triumph"?

Spector

This is a quote from a review from atarinvader.com. I played this game for 5 minutes on an emulator and thought it was the worst game ever. Yet this review is posotive. And there's another one on the site that talks it up. So is the allegedly unplayable Double Dragon actually a wrongfully dismissed semi-classic? (I'm mainly interested in people who have persevered with it, and played it for at least one hour. I admit you need that amount of time to judge any game.)

I wrote the review and the article. 2600 Double Dragon suffers from awful control and insane difficulty, and is therefore overlooked often. However, I sat down, and learned each move, and soon was making it through Mission 1 without a hit (on me :D ). Once you master the moves, it's not so hard, the Abobos will give you the most trouble.

"Final Triumph" was referring to the game's overall complexity and excellent graphics. All those moves, weapons, and missions in that little cart? With great graphics? Oh yeah! Plus a few DD tunes even!

Maybe I'm one of the few people to defend it, I don't know. It really is pretty fun once you master the moves and can counter the enemy. For a system that was 12 years old when it was released, I'm impressed.