IGNORED

*UPDATE * File false Payal claims - get free Atari games!

Pant Load

Things like this really bother me as I have dealt with it before. I left the following message for him....

Hello

I noticed you are (were) selling a Pong Sports, the same one you left a negative for claiming you never received. Just want to let you know that people do notice this sort of thing, not only will I be reporting this to Ebay I have also added you to my blocked list so I do not have to deal with a problem like this in the future. People like you ruin Ebay. Please don't bother contacting me because I don't care what you have to say.

Here is the response I got....

Hi,

you shouldnot jump to conclusions until you have all the fats as i only recieved this item from the seller yesterday afternoon after a month and a half of waiting so i filed a dipute with paypal for non receipt and won, but since then the seller has been paid for the item shorlty after i received it thansk ken

Here's the response I got from him, plus a handy-dandy refund:

Dear touks*caps,

Hi,

For one i never scammed you as i finally recieved this item in the mail on 01/14/08 due to it being lost in the mail over the holidays and me finally receving it near a month and a half later. as i wrote to you in the paypal payment i sent to you that is still unclaimed i felt that it was not fair for me to pay for something i had not received but since i did recieve it finally i was most happy in paying you for the item. But i do think that it is infair for you to be telling folks about things that are nto true unless you know for sure i had not recieved the item as i did listed it in my store for sale last night after i did recieve it on 01/14/08. I have also sent you a feedback request for the feedback fo rus to be nuetrally removed and i think it woudl be fair by you to agrre to it as i never had the item until 01/14/08 to have cheated or scammed you from the start thansk ken

- gamecollector66

And my response:

Dear gamecollector66,

I don't know when you got the game, and I don't believe you just got it yesterday. I believe you got the game exactly when I said you'd get it. And I don't care that it was delayed in the mail - if it actually was. That's not my problem.

Here's what I know you did:

1. You filed a PayPal dispute before I told you would have gotten the game. That was dishonest.

2. You changed the dispute to a claim on the same day at the same time. This blocked me from responding to the dispute. That was dishonest.

3. When you did get the game, you didn't contact me and refund the money you took back in the PayPal claim. You just kept the game and the money. That's a scam and that's fraud.

You did put the item back on eBay at 3X markup for what you paid for it, and you did get busted for it. Badly. I posted what happened on the Atari collectors message board, and the other Atari collectors were offended.

I'm not removing the negative feedback I left, because what I said happened is exactly what did happen.

- touks*caps

I can't believe he actually wanted you to remove the neg! If he had given you the refund BEFORE he relisted and of his own accord, then maybe.

Yeah, I think that's a key point. He should have written to say that he received the item, as well as given him a refund via PayPal, BEFORE he took the time to take a picture of the game and relist it on eBay. It also doesn't help his case that he ENDED the auction, which speaks volumes to this being an, "Oops! Busted!" moment.

..Al

I can't believe he actually wanted you to remove the neg! If he had given you the refund BEFORE he relisted and of his own accord, then maybe.

Yeah, I think that's a key point. He should have written to say that he received the item, as well as given him a refund via PayPal, BEFORE he took the time to take a picture of the game and relist it on eBay. It also doesn't help his case that he ENDED the auction, which speaks volumes to this being an, "Oops! Busted!" moment.

..Al

Nice to see something come right

NIck

I understand why this thread was made and I'm glad things worked out BUT as long as this thread exists, more people will see it, read it and may be stupid enough to start this scam. I didn't know it was this easy to do and I'm sure others are the same.

I think the thread should be changed or deleted so it's not a "how to" guide for scumbags.

I understand why this thread was made and I'm glad things worked out BUT as long as this thread exists, more people will see it, read it and may be stupid enough to start this scam. I didn't know it was this easy to do and I'm sure others are the same.

I think the thread should be changed or deleted so it's not a "how to" guide for scumbags.

Good point

Scammers figure this kind of thing out on their own. It's the people who wouldn't think to protect themselves who need to be warned.

Well I always see many quests and annonymous vistors here in AA so I would think its entirely possible this could be suggestive to a scammer that maynot have thought of this angle IMO.

But do whatever ya'all think is best. ;)

Edited by Phantom

No need to do that, just ad 50 cents to your shipping price for delivery confirmation. You will not loose a pay pal dispute if you have that confirmation number.

No need to do that, just ad 50 cents to your shipping price for delivery confirmation. You will not loose a pay pal dispute if you have that confirmation number.

You won't lose one, either!

The spell checker, Real Clever!!!!

Thats 2 in 2 minutes found. Im sure there's loads more!

You won't lose one, either!

The spell checker, Real Clever!!!!

Thats 2 in 2 minutes found. Im sure there's loads more!

Hey douchebag, did you see his response? That's how a real man reacts to a friendly chiding.

Didn't they teach contractions in the slow kids' class you went to?

And, duh, lose vs. loose isn't spell checking, it's usage.

Tell me if any of you guys had this happen. Here it goes. Two years ago me and my brother were selling some stuff on eBay. Using his account because he did not have a limit on it as to how much to take out per month. He sold his stuff and we thought that was it. Well, little did he know his wife wanted to see how much he made. Duh. Well to put a long story short. She logged into eBay. It asked her to log in again. She did. My brother was only looking at his PayPal account for about a week and never looked at his eBay account until he had to contact a buyer about a week later. Turned out that this buyer had 0 feedback but had been a member for 2 years. This guy was a hacker that put himself on my brothers 3rd party list when his wife relogged into his account after the second time it asked her to log in. This is what happened. My brother became a small chain of unsuspecting victims who got multiple items listed on his account at the full $39.95 premium listing for over 250 items. PayPal let eBay charge their fees on his account since it was the time for billing to happen therefore wiping his account clean. They did fix it only after 4 of his mortgage, 4 car payments payments, and a few other bills got put behind. Scammers had a good one goin there. If you EVER get asked to relog in. Please look at the address bar to see if that is the domain you are trying to log into. He was freakin slick. I would suggest that everyone check their third party list to see who is on it. You might be surprised! :(

Edited by ninermaniac