IGNORED

Will a Sega cd 1 work with my Sega Genesis model 2???

IceCold

this is what the FAQ says

Q: How about using a Sega CD I (older) unit with the newer model

Genesis?

A: "Officially", no. However, a special cable CAN be made to

attach it as such. It will not be as sturdy, and it's unsure

how reliable this would be. The hookups don't match for sound

and you'll have to use the RF box unless you patch everything.

Also, you cannot use the connector plate

and the FAQ is on

http://www.classicgaming.com/museum/faqs/s...segacdfaq.shtml

I don't think there'd be a problem electronicaly, just physicaly. The Sega CD 1 fits under the Genesis 1 and the Sega CD 2 fits underneath and to the side of the Genesis 2. They're basicaly the same machine, but molded to fit the specific console.

Both the Genesis 1+2 (did you guys get a 3rd machine BTW?) have those funny edge connectors underneath them which basicaly hooks up the two machines, I guess they're the same pins on each model...

I don't think there'd be a problem electronicaly, just physicaly. The Sega CD 1 fits under the Genesis 1 and the Sega CD 2 fits underneath and to the side of the Genesis 2. They're basicaly the same machine, but molded to fit the specific console.

Both the Genesis 1+2 (did you guys get a 3rd machine BTW?) have those funny edge connectors underneath them which basicaly hooks up the two machines, I guess they're the same pins on each model...

This was probably just an error on your part, a sort of "typo," but the Segacd2 really sits next to the genesis 2. Although I think it has a "holder" that both the genesis and cd unit fit into wich goes underneath/around both. the Segacd1 has a sliding tray and the 2 a fliptop. Unless there are more than one version of the cd2 that I don't know about...

Let me guess, the Sega cd hooks to that red connector that says "do not remove" on the genesis? that's what would make most sense. Well tomorrow I'm going back there to see if it's there, the lady said it had been there for 3 weeks, so 2 more days hopefully wouldn't have hurt and it'll hopefully still be there.