IGNORED

quick Gauntlet PROM chip/cart assembly question

y-bot

I just got one of these and I have a stupid question. I've never assembled a 2600 cart before and I wanted to make sure that the Gauntlet chip goes on the board with the lettering facing the same direction as the original Pac-Man chip. I've removed the original and I have the Gauntlet chip on the board but I wanted to check before I start soldering.

Thanks, y-bot

Edited by y-bot

I just got one of these and I have a stupid question. I've never assembled a 2600 cart before and I wanted to make sure that the Gauntlet chip goes on the board with the lettering facing the same direction as the original Pac-Man chip. I've removed the original and I have the Gauntlet chip on the board but I wanted to check before I start soldering.

Thanks, y-bot

They go like this:

post-7074-1198543312_thumb.jpg

Perfect, thank you! I was actually looking for that picture but I couldn't find it. I finished it but I can't test it for a couple of days. My collection is in storage so I'll have to piece together a 2600 from the junk at my work (aka my trade pile/room). Is there a printable label for Gauntlet available anywhere?

y-bot

Edited by y-bot

Perfect, thank you! I was actually looking for that picture but I couldn't find it. I finished it but I can't test it for a couple of days. My collection is in storage so I'll have to piece together a 2600 from the junk at my work (aka my trade pile/room). Is there a printable label for Gauntlet available anywhere?

y-bot

Hey. Congrats on the auction. I'm glad you are using 4k Pacman PCB's for this. Just a question. Did you get it to work? If not, don't fret. I can walk you through some steps. You'll notice, if you bought more than 1 Pacman cart, that there is two different kinds of 4k boards they used for Pacman. The light green REV E board is much nicer than the REV F board. Let us know how things turn out. :)