IGNORED

Cooper Black Tom Boy

Burgel

I recently received a Cooper Black Tom Boy cart where the screen looks nearly identical to Pitfall. The only difference is that "CCE" is displayed at the bottom of the screen instead of "Activision". However, the bin file floating around the internet is a hack of Pitfall with different graphics, colors, and sounds and without a distributor's name at the bottom of the screen. Which is the correct Tom Boy? Did I get a mislabeled Pitfall? Its no big deal, I'm just curious.

Burgel

• 2 weeks later...

I think there are many pirated Pitfalls out. The Quelle version and RainbowVision version is a bit diffrent, but the same gameplay.

So if there stand CCE as logo, the ROM is from the company CCE (A Brazil company). And they called the game Pitfall.

My CCE games with Pitfall

So an other company has use this ROM and produced his own cart and called it Tom Boy. But the original CCE title is Pitfall. :) :D

The Tom Boy I have has a topless girl on the cover!!!

The instructions clearly state the player is a girl and on the cover is a topless person swinging on a vine.

The graphics are changed, but gameplay is the same.

I can't remember exactly but I believe the logs are scorpions in the one I have. They don't kill you just take away points like the logs. In the underground is something like SpiderLions instead of scorpions!!!

Weird hu???

I remember a Tom Boy or Dschungelboy, with diffrent grafik. There were no crocodiles, only leafs in the water. So you can jump when you will without eating by them.

The other diffrent was the scorpion. I think in the other version it was a dog or something like that. The baddest, you can't jump over them. You will always hit by them and die. So you can only go the top way. :(

I recently received a Cooper Black Tom Boy cart where the screen looks nearly identical to Pitfall. The only difference is that "CCE" is displayed at the bottom of the screen instead of "Activision". However, the bin file floating around the internet is a hack of Pitfall with different graphics, colors, and sounds and without a distributor's name at the bottom of the screen. Which is the correct Tom Boy? Did I get a mislabeled Pitfall? Its no big deal, I'm just curious.

Burgel

They are called "Copper Black" which is the name of the Font used on the label and Box.

I would like to thank everyone for all their feedback. As for the carts being called Copper Black, I saw them here referred to as Cooper Black: http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html...areLabelID=1960 .  If that is wrong, then thank you for correcting me.

Burgel

I would feel better if there was a third opinion. I can't remember where I read that, but I have quite a few of those Taiwaneese pirated carts, and I would like to know for sure before I list them on ebay (or somewhere else) as "Copper Black" and get laughed at. The explaination that they are called Copper Black because they use a Copper Black font on the label and part of the box, sounds good. Anybody else know better than us?