IGNORED

Shenmue II problems

Brian R.

I'm hoping I can get by this myself after some effort, but I've already tried several times and keep getting my @ss kicked.

I'm at the part on Disc 3 where I have to defeat the three fighters the scout directed me to. I'm at the first one, Rod Stunt, the guy with the huge freakin' afro. I just can't seem to beat this guy.

Any suggestions on how to beat him? I liked the first Shenmue so much I bought this from an importer. I'd hate to get stuck and walk away from it. I really got into the game. This is the first time I have a feeling I may get stuck.

No one's offered any comments yet, but I can say I have defeated that first fighter, Rod Stunt. Yup, afroman went down!

Now I'm on the second guy. I've beaten him a couple times, just not in the same match. I feel more confident I can get through this. I really didn't like the idea of getting stuck.

Yeah, I've seen those walkthroughs. I never go to them unless I really have to... I don't want to spoil what is to come.

It seems with these three you've just got to beat them like in a fighting game.

What's pissing me off about this second guy is every time I seem to get close to beating him he just grabs me and throws me out of the ring. I've beaten him twice, just not in the same match.

I'll just have to keep at it...

Hey Brian,

Have you got past the secong guy yet? I just went about trying to throw the dude out the ring & it worked for me. I initially had the same problem with him throwing me out, so try to do the same to him. The next charachter is a LOT easier to beat.

I hope this helps

Gaztee :D

:twisted:

Gaztee,

I'm still on the second guy. I know one of the two times I've beaten him was when I got him out of the ring. Didn't do it intentionally, it just happened. I'll try to focus on that next time I try.

These have been the toughest fights I've seen anywhere in Shenmue or Shenmue II so far. Happy to hear the third one won't be as tough.

Wish me luck.

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian. I finished Shenmue II a few months ago (Euro version).

The one most important thing to remember about fighting in Shenmue II -- dodge constantly. You just can't stand there, you must use that Y button to dodge and attack.

That 2nd guy was the toughest of the three for me, and "YES" I also threw him out of the ring during 1 round when I finally beat him. Keep trying, you'll get it.

Great game.

I'll definitely second that. You absolutely HAVE to learn how to dodge attacks constantly, and to get that timing down. Once you have that down, the rest is easy.

The one thing that pisses me off about those fights is that you have to sit through the whole cut scene beforehand. That gets old really fast when it starts taking you several tries to beat an opponent!

GREAT NEWS!

Not only did I get past the second guy, I got past that third one, the girl, who was a breeze to defeat.

And I've gotten a lot farther. I made my way all the way through the Yellow Head building, up to the roof, defeated that giant Yellow Head leader - I know the initials are DN, but I can't remember his name right now.

And in defeating DN I did a LOT of dodging. Dodge, get a few punches or kicks in, dodge again, repeat. Also found dodging broke his grip when he grabbed me. I was really surprised I got through the QTEs on the firs attempt.

So, I've finished the third disc and am now at the start of the fourth.

Yeah! :D