IGNORED

Masterplay Interface Complete?

neddam

Is it complete with the extra fire button? I've seen just the bare unit itself go for about $100 on EBAY, if you have everything expect it to be worth maybe another $25 - $50 or more. EBAY prices have been pretty wacky lately, something like this could go for over $200 with the right people bidding!

I suppose you'll always get outliers.

I must admit, I have noticed some things with the "Atari" name go for quite a bit this summer.

But the prices for everything else has pretty much crashed. I was only getting 20-30% of what I got last November and December for Atari 2600 setups (man, I love Christmas). So I stopped selling entirely.. I was losing too much money. I've put a ton of stuff in storage, and it will all come out starting Nov. 20 or so.

I've also been buying up games I need (not too many, tho, coz I'm broke!). I've been getting Emerson Arcadia stuff for 10-15% of the quoted price in Digital Press. It's unreal.

KA

I just sold a Masterplay Interface without the box, instructions, or fire button for $110 on eBay. It was in really good shape.

I have to say that for the most part eBay prices have been a lot lower this year compared to the last couple of years. Some items have sold for more, but the majority of vintage gaming items have sold for less this year.

• 2 weeks later...

How much is something worth is the question on the century! I bought my Masterplay brand new in the box, all parts and documents included, for $200. To me, that was nuts, but it was done. I had it. If you have the budget, go for it and be done with wondering. But be sure of your source, not all classic game community members are exceedingly honest. I got mine from John Hardie in New York, so I didn't have to worry about the source. But to be honest, I think that device is highly over-rated. My friend Voltman makes a killer 2600 stick adaptation that eliminates the need for a masterplay and even centers! All you need is the Y cable, he may even be making those now. Whatever you decide, have fun with it!

I traded a Lochjaw for my complete Masterplay. I even modified a Coleco gemini controller with a 2nd button to use with it.

Yet I never use the masterplay hardly ever. I'd use the Wico sticks before the masterplay.

But then again... I never used my lochjaw either... it's a buggy Shark Attack :-) And just having the masterplay in my collection is more important to me.

Charlie