IGNORED

BEWARE OF THIS EBAY SELLER RETRODELEE

alabamaslammer

If this is Eric i would be shocked! Because i have dealt with him more than once with trades and such and he is in my opinion a A-1 guy.

I think of him as one of my great friends on AA and i talk with him on a semi-normal basis through PMs about games and family going ons.

I DIDNT KNOW WHERE TO POST THIS .

[...]

RESEARCH retrodelee

There's a pinned "Bad Trader Alert" thread at the top of the Marketplace forum.

What would I find if I researched retrodelee? Lots of negative feedback? A pattern of scamming?

Edited by BigO

interesting....

I've never had many issues before. I did have two shipping issues on ebay recently (perhaps 2 months ago... one was an Atari with a lot of games the other was Turbo Grafx Plastic Sleeves) One was fixed a long time ago... the other... I have no contact for that person. I assume this is your friend.

Please have him contact me and I'll take care of him. He did not answer any emails or anything. Left me a negative and that was it.

If that is the person... I need him to contact me. I've got his cash... or his games. That's the only outstanding deal I have out there. I don't screw people over.

Kuifje76... are you still talking about Atari Lynx games from over two years ago? Look... I don't care to get into details. I've shipped your games before. But thats fine. You are not happy... therefore let's fix it. I'll take games out of my personal collection to fix this. What is it you need?

First off: Atariage members... are there any tracking/delivery confirmation for international? I haven't shipped international too often. If there is... I'll post that info here so this will be clear once and for all.

First off: Atariage members... are there any tracking/delivery confirmation for international? I haven't shipped international too often. If there is... I'll post that info here so this will be clear once and for all.

The only way to get reliable tracking for international shipping via USPS is to use Express Mail International (EMI), which you'll commonly see referred to as EMS (the postal service recently revamped all the international mail classes). Unfortunately this is also one of the most expensive classes of international mail. For a one pound package to Canada, you're talking $23 versus only $4.66 for First Class International (the cheapest rate). There's also Global Express Guaranteed, but that's even more crazy expensive (over $50 for a one pound package).

http://www.usps.com/international/expressm...ternational.htm

..Al

interesting....

I've never had many issues before. I did have two shipping issues on ebay recently (perhaps 2 months ago... one was an Atari with a lot of games the other was Turbo Grafx Plastic Sleeves) One was fixed a long time ago... the other... I have no contact for that person. I assume this is your friend.

Please have him contact me and I'll take care of him. He did not answer any emails or anything. Left me a negative and that was it.

If that is the person... I need him to contact me. I've got his cash... or his games. That's the only outstanding deal I have out there. I don't screw people over.

Kuifje76... are you still talking about Atari Lynx games from over two years ago? Look... I don't care to get into details. I've shipped your games before. But thats fine. You are not happy... therefore let's fix it. I'll take games out of my personal collection to fix this. What is it you need?

I did research retrodelee before my post and saw nothing at all that would prevent me from doing business with him. I was surprised by the initial claim of the original poster so was curious to see if any actual details could be provided to substantiate the story.

I don't know Mr. DeLee and I don't recall specifically ever having transacted business with him, but this is the response I fully expected after observing his conduct and professionalism on AtariAge.

I'm sure nobody cares what I think or say, but it's nice to know that I've been reading people correctly. That can be a tricky business in a text format. Myself, I'll keep an eye out for opportinities to do business with EricDeLee/retrodelee.

Edited by BigO

Well... if the tracking is expensive, perhaps I'll still go that route. I would like to prove that I'm not a crook. Especially after some events that just happened to me and my kiddos.

Either way, Kuije76.... what do you need for your Lynx collection. I can't recall the details of our transaction... but please let me know a way I can clear things with you.

As for the other transaction... I'll need some contact information... or something. :) Have the guy to please contact me and let me know what he wants (Atari or money), his address, and good contact info again. Thanks! :) Believe it or not, his cash is in an envelope on my dresser... right next to my PCE Duo-r. :) Thanks!

alabamaslammer sent me a PM.... He said I'm not your middleman.

You should have thought of that prior to trying to publicly be-head me. :)

Indeed.

@ alabamaslammer: If you're not a "middleman", then don't act as an 'enforcer' and come here to publically accuse another member that supposedly "ripped off" your friend. Stay out of it and let you friend settle it on his own. I think Eric is handling the situation pretty well given the circumstances. Personally, I would have told you and your "friend" to take a flying leap.

Edited by PingvinBlueJeans

hey,

posting a personal message.whats the purpose of that.

don't attack me .

thats delee job to make it right.

he has the money and never sent to products.

case closed in my book.

besides i have been coming on here and just looking at the forums and modern gaming since 05

no selling stuff or giving my opinion etc.

but its funny the people who have been on here a long time treat newer people like shit and stick together.

and they always try to turn it back around on the new guy.

i was just giving a warning is all. :x

Edited by alabamaslammer

The only way to get reliable tracking for international shipping via USPS is to use Express Mail International (EMI), which you'll commonly see referred to as EMS (the postal service recently revamped all the international mail classes). Unfortunately this is also one of the most expensive classes of international mail. For a one pound package to Canada, you're talking $23 versus only $4.66 for First Class International (the cheapest rate). There's also Global Express Guaranteed, but that's even more crazy expensive (over $50 for a one pound package).

http://www.usps.com/international/expressm...ternational.htm

..Al

Actually I believe Priority mail international now offers tracking.

I shipped something to south korea expecting to only get delivery confirmation and turns out the package was tracked.

Here's the tracking # CV001826755US

but its funny the people who have been on here a long time treat newer people like shit and stick together.

Mmm... I smell persecution complex!

No one is "treating you like shit" or "turning it back around on the new guy". It's just the fact that Eric has been on this board a long time and many of us have had good dealings with him. So when someone who is relatively unknown on the board (sorry, but I can't seem to recall ever seeing your name before) accuses him of cheating them, you shouldn't be surprised too surprised that they're tending to side with him. It's not that people don't believe you.

Tempest

Personally, I've never been treated poorly on here, and I've been a "new guy" for quite some time here. Everyone I've had dealings with has come through 100% thus far, and the people here are very friendly. Also: It's really stupid to come on here to publicly attack someone and then get upset when someone else says something that makes logical sense and isn't really an attack on you. Relax, tell your friend to contact the guy, or mind your own business in the future if you aren't willing to be helpful.

My 2 cents.

You can use Priority Mail International for tracking; however, USPS only offers tracking to "major destinations" (as Al has noted, GXG mail is the only one 100% guaranteed by USPS, even EMI only offers "Guaranteed to Select Destinations Tracking"). I mailed something via PMI to a friend of mine in Salzburg, Austria from the US for Xmas and here is what I get when I put in the CP # from the USPS Customs form:

bullet_circle.gifDelivered Abroad, January 03, 2008, 12:21 pm, AUSTRIA bullet_circle.gifAt Foreign Delivery Unit, January 03, 2008, 6:47 am, AUSTRIA bullet_circle.gifOut of Foreign Customs, January 02, 2008, 8:34 am, AUSTRIA bullet_circle.gifInto Foreign Customs, December 30, 2007, 11:40 am, AUSTRIA bullet_circle.gifArrived Abroad, December 30, 2007, 11:40 am, AUSTRIA bullet_circle.gifInternational Dispatch, December 21, 2007, 6:36 pm, O'HARE APT/CHICAGO

Edited by Zwackery

Mmm... I smell persecution complex!

Mmm... I smell a small defense complex!

*edit: "defense complex" would funny if he actually said "prosecution" instead of "persecution". :roll:

New members on AA are looked down upon. That's why I am selling my toys...and leaving. You say, there's the door; I say get all the crap off the floor so I can walk toward it.

AA was cool when I first started. I started off in the Jaguar forum. From there I moved around. I got over curious and headed to the off-topic section. Bad idea. Anyway, the bottom line I see here is Eric needs to take care of his **it. All this other bs about how he's not a good seller and not a good user...well....just shut up.

I, quite, honestly think this is a load. The user should've contacted eric directly instead of involving someone else. All these other rediculous side comments, like the ones I just posted, are useless. You can't judge someone by text. Well you can, but if you're accurate then you wouldn't be wasting your time on here would you? You would be out making big money by profiling users on forums by messages they left. :lol: That sounds a bit rediculous now doesnt it?

Anyway, just let the buyer and seller work this out. We really don't need anymore bologna. Unless you wanna fry it, then I'm your man with mustard.

Edited by guitarmas

New members on AA are looked down upon. That's why I am selling my toys...and leaving. You say, there's the door; I say get all the crap off the floor so I can walk toward it.

Hmm... Sorry you feel that way, but think others would beg to differ with you.

I believe Motley Crue said it best when they said: Don't Go Away Mad, Just Go Away.

Tempest

Hmm... Sorry you feel that way, but think others would beg to differ with you.

I believe Motley Crue said it best when they said: Don't Go Away Mad, Just Go Away.

Tempest

Please dont beg. I don't need another person today getting their knees dirty on my behalf.

Motley Crue, isn't that the drummer for Nirvana?