IGNORED

Space Duel or Asteroids Deluxe that is the question?

MrBeefy

Ok this will be my first AA holiday purchase and I'm sort of limited on my income. I want to get Space Duel and Asteroids Deluxe but can only afford one. Which one would people suggest and why? I'm already leaning towards Space Duel because it seems to be the most different, and I thought that the 7800 version of Asteriods was really good making Asteriods Deluxe look a little less of a necessity (even though it looks great as well). Thanks for the input!

Hmmmm, I have played both (a lot) and if I could only have one it would have to be Space Duel, no Asteroids Deluxe, yep definitely Space Duel (I think)

Seriously Space Duel would be my choice, it is very different from meatballs in space (Asteroids), but you won't regret buying either

I've always been a big Space Duel fan myself and I like how it's differentiated from Asteroids / Asteroids Deluxe with some unique features. The one thing that this version of Space Duel is missing is the mode where both ships are joined together. Both are great renditions of the two arcade games on the 7800, you can't go wrong with either. But I would give the nod to Space Duel as it's a game I played a fair bit more than Asteroids Deluxe back in the arcades of my youth.

..Al