IGNORED

Possible explanation as to why this Lynx won't work?

Phoenix

Hi Everyone

Recently I picked up an original Lynx with Double Dragon cart for $NZ12. I got it for the DD cart, so I can store my boxed copy. I knew straight away the Lynx was not working... however I was just wondering what are the main causes for them to stop working? Everything seems fine inside of it, however perhaps there is a known way of breathing life back into them. I own several Lynx II's however this is my first Lynx, so thought it would be awesome to breathe life back into it.

Any help is much appreciated.

Phoenix

first question are you running the Lynx on batteries or Power supply?

to repeat the above question: is it complte dead?

if your running on power supply: you prob have the same prob I'm having,(I get power aand it works but each time I make sudden move the system turn off(loose plug or bent wires my guess))

however I was just wondering what are the main causes for them to stop working? Everything seems fine inside of it, however perhaps there is a known way of breathing life back into them. I own several Lynx II's however this is my first Lynx, so thought it would be awesome to breathe life back into it.

There's a number of posts in this forum about Lynx repair - do a search on 'repair'. One of the common problems is people plugging in power to the headphone jack I think, and blowing out one of the onboard components.

(I get power aand it works but each time I make sudden move the system turn off(loose plug or bent wires my guess)

You've probably got a bad/cracked solder joint on the lynx power jack, or the plug is a bit frayed inside. Pretty easy to fix either way.

"There's a number of posts in this forum about Lynx repair - do a search on 'repair'. One of the common problems is people plugging in power to the headphone jack I think, and blowing out one of the onboard components."

Are you sure of it? Ok, the power connector of the adaptor enter in the headphone jack on the console, but they are both female. Infact the power jack on the console is male. How can be a contact with a transmission of electricity?

Edited by Battlezone

(I get power aand it works but each time I make sudden move the system turn off(loose plug or bent wires my guess)

You've probably got a bad/cracked solder joint on the lynx power jack, or the plug is a bit frayed inside. Pretty easy to fix either way.

I think it's on the lynx side because I have two power supplies(one was going be used to power my 7800,but decided not to take a chance),and the same thing happnens with both.

I once built a my own rechargeable battery pack when my orginal power supply broke(wire by power plug got frayed from over use).

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, the Lynx is completely dead. I had been trying to use it with a mains adapter (I haven't yet tried using batteries). I know for a fact the adapter works, as it is the one that I use with my Lynx II.

The Lynx itself just will not even attempt to power up, so I have no idea where I would start on trying to troubleshoot it.