IGNORED

Atari 2600 prototype game from Telesys

Wow, protos and Romox carts, I am about to fall off my chair again (that is now four times in the past week).....

I'll attach a couple of pictures. One is the BBB cart and the other is the Romox version of RamIt! The Romox has their plastic and label and a hanwritten game name since these are not production Romox. I don't even recall what, if anything, was ever released by them but these were given back to us by Romox. Labels not in great shape. I wish I had one of the combo carts that Amiga licensed from us. They had the booth next to us at Comdex Las Vegas and even had displays of the combo carts. When they went thru the licensing process, we couldn't figure out where they thought they would find a market. Of course, they didn't. Turns out the whole thing was a smoke screen to hide the behind the curtain showing of the computer.

Here goes with more of the Romox. Labels are rough.

post-14477-1200080809_thumb.jpg

post-14477-1200080826_thumb.jpg

post-14477-1200080840_thumb.jpg

post-14477-1200080867_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, protos and Romox carts, I am about to fall off my chair again (that is now four times in the past week).....

I'll attach a couple of pictures. One is the BBB cart and the other is the Romox version of RamIt! The Romox has their plastic and label and a hanwritten game name since these are not production Romox. I don't even recall what, if anything, was ever released by them but these were given back to us by Romox. Labels not in great shape. I wish I had one of the combo carts that Amiga licensed from us. They had the booth next to us at Comdex Las Vegas and even had displays of the combo carts. When they went thru the licensing process, we couldn't figure out where they thought they would find a market. Of course, they didn't. Turns out the whole thing was a smoke screen to hide the behind the curtain showing of the computer.

Here goes with more of the Romox. Labels are rough.

Here are a couple of what I believe to be pre-production samples although one has a revision date and I have no idea if that was final or not. Someone would probably have to compare code to tell.

post-14477-1200081182_thumb.jpg

post-14477-1200081201_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here are a couple of what I believe to be pre-production samples although one has a revision date and I have no idea if that was final or not. Someone would probably have to compare code to tell.

The Stargunner is almost definitely the final version. The Demolition Herby probably is as well based on the date, but with the handwritten revision label, it's questionable. I guess we'll find out.

The handle carts were molded with the Telesys name in the handle and would have been the original. The generic ones were used to save money as you could buy surplus rather than the cost of running your own. At the end we produced a lot for a single customer in Mexico.

Interesting...thanks for posting that. Any idea who produced those generic shells? They produced cartridge cases for several other companies (Apollo, Sega, Wizard, etc.).

The handle carts were molded with the Telesys name in the handle and would have been the original. The generic ones were used to save money as you could buy surplus rather than the cost of running your own. At the end we produced a lot for a single customer in Mexico.

I wonder who the single customer in Mexico is. :ponder: This person very well could have the info on the Blue Air Raid cart by Menavision.

Just to be clear, I meant to say we produced them in San Luis Mexico but for a US customer.

I wonder who the single customer in Mexico is. :ponder: This person very well could have the info on the Blue Air Raid cart by Menavision.

I think he is referring to the handles on the long Telesys carts and not the T-Handles you are thinking of, Homer.

Makes sense.

Thanks!

Here's the latest VCS Romox list, btw:

Romox Atari 2600 list (Catalog Volume 1 - Winter 1984):

Air Raiders

Alien

Armor Ambush

Astroblast

Bank Heist

Boing

Cakewalk

Coconuts

Commando Raid

Cosmic Creeps

Cosmic Swarm

Crash Dive

Crypts of Chaos

Dark Cavern

Deadly Duck

Demolition Herby

Eggomania

Fantastic Voyage

Fast Eddie

Fast Food

Flash Gordon

Frogs and Flies

Gopher Attack

Guardians of Treasure

International Soccer

Lock 'N Chase

M*A*S*H

Megaforce

Mines of Minos

Mogul Maniac

Off Your Rocker

Porky's

Revenge of the Beefsteak Tomatoes

Ram It

Room of Doom

Sneak 'N Peak

Space Attack

Space Jockey

Space Master X-7

Squeeze Box

Stargunner

Star Strike

Stronghold

Super Challenge Baseball

Super Challenge Football

The Earth Dies Screaming

Turmoil

Word Zapper

Worm War I

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

• 1 year later...
Makes sense.

Thanks!

Interesting, somehow I missed this post, check this out...

:cool:

Where do you get all this cool stuff????? :? :lust:

Makes sense.

Thanks!

Where do you get all this cool stuff????? :? :lust:

In his garage.

Mitch

Makes sense.

Thanks!

Interesting.

Beany Bopper is still on that list.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter