IGNORED

Anyone play thru Shadowman for the N64?

A friend at work gave me this cart and it's really fun like a cross between Tomb Raider and Resident Evil. Anyway I've made it to this portal or whatever (see pic) how do I get inside? I know I could cheat and probably find a walkthru but I don't want the whole game given away... so if anyone could just push me in the right direction with a hint??? THANKS!!!

Also any opinions about this N64 game?

post-9269-1199911185_thumb.png

I got the DC vers. as I heard it was best of the 3 (PS, DC, N64). Even w/ the included map & internet help I had no idea what was going on & got lost, confused, & frustrated. Games like that arent worth my time. I reviewed it over on gamefaqs:

www.gamefaqs.com/console/dreamcast/review/R104125.html

Glad you're enjoying it though.

Edited by RJ

I got the DC vers. as I heard it was best of the 3 (PS, DC, N64). Even w/ the included map & internet help I had no idea what was going on & got lost, confused, & frustrated. Games like that arent worth my time. I reviewed it over on gamefaqs:

www.gamefaqs.com/console/dreamcast/review/R104125.html

Glad you're enjoying it though.

guess that means you don't remember how to get past the portal? I don't understand why you give it such a bad review (ac-lame... lol) Maybe you don't like games like this? Maybe the Dreamcast version is not as playable as the N64 one? It's pretty fun so far, and fairly linear, I havent got lost for more than a minute or so... I would give it at least a 7 or 8 but I like adventure games even if I do get kinda fustrated at the puzzles (like how to get past this damn part!!!) I'm only like 20 mins into the game!!!

6 out of 10 isnt "bad", just low. IIRC most gaming mags reviewed it favorably.

The whole theme of the game intrigued me, I like macabre/voodoo/scary-type games, but man, this was a chore to play & I never felt like I got anywhere or sure of what I was supposed to be doing. Fighting 4-5 enemies at once isnt fun OR fair, either.

& as I said in the review, the game let me fight a boss before I was supposed to/should have, IMO that's just poor game design. I even brought in bigger/better weaponry from another part of the game- it didnt help.

Seriously, keep going & let us know what you think when you're farther in.

Edited by RJ