IGNORED

Tron arcade game, anyone download it?

cimerians

I just downloaded it. Here's the scoop:

Original:

Emulation is off a bit. The turrent gun on the tank is not as smooth and the music cuts short after completing a section. Otherwise pretty good emulation. The controls are also satisfactory.

Enhanced:

I love the graphics. They are just slightly improved without making the game totally different like Asteroids or Missile Command.

Very clean and crisp and the sound is much better and improved than the emulated version but yet its exactly the same. No goofy techno music or colorful explosions. (Atari needs to learn).

Anyway I hope people check out Tron, its a worthy download.

I got it. It's pretty much tron except the sound on the CPU stage is kind of crappy. When I play the CPU stage it sounds like the sound cracks up or something on standard graphics play. Not sure why, but that is kind of annoying. Other than that I like it. I've always liked Tron, altho I'm not very good at it.

Currently playing the crap out of it and still trying to beat the third board (The Grid Bugs are easy, I can beat the MCP Cone and the Light Cycles with a bit of luck, but I choke on the Tanks!)

I'm currently in the top 100 on the leaderboard but we'll see how that goes... (legeek2112)

Cheers,

Ben

Currently playing the crap out of it and still trying to beat the third board (The Grid Bugs are easy, I can beat the MCP Cone and the Light Cycles with a bit of luck, but I choke on the Tanks!)

I'm currently in the top 100 on the leaderboard but we'll see how that goes... (legeek2112)

Cheers,

Ben

Try backing your tank part way into the teleporter (but don't teleport) in the middle of the board. If your tank is in the right position they enemy fire can't hurt you, but they can still ram you.

I just downloaded it. Here's the scoop:

Original:

Emulation is off a bit. The turrent gun on the tank is not as smooth and the music cuts short after completing a section. Otherwise pretty good emulation. The controls are also satisfactory.

Enhanced:

I love the graphics. They are just slightly improved without making the game totally different like Asteroids or Missile Command.

Very clean and crisp and the sound is much better and improved than the emulated version but yet its exactly the same. No goofy techno music or colorful explosions. (Atari needs to learn).

Anyway I hope people check out Tron, its a worthy download.

great game...

But like i said in the arcade live games thread... play it with Controls C "Absolute Aim".

Works way better! for me anyways...

-rick

• 6 months later...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129229

I'm guessing if you downloaded the Tron arcade game like I did you must be a fan of

the movie, right?

If so please goto this link and then follow the link at the bottom to see the trailer

for Tron 2 the movie!!!!!

Sorry about posting the dead thread about an unrelated subject.. but jeezzzz i can't help it!!!

-rick

I got Discs of Tron as well. I heard the game sucked, but after trying it out I didn't see it. If you liked the arcade version, you'll like the Live version. The control is different for sure, but I actually think the new controls are better.