IGNORED

Which Zelda game for the N64 was better?

I think that Ocarina of Time was the better game even though Majora's Mask was a lot bigger. A lot bigger in fact you could only have two files, and an expansion pack. But, Ocarina of Time created the frame for the sequel. characters, weapons, music, and contests in Majora's Mask were identical or similar to those of Ocarina of Time. Yes, Majora's Mask did let you time travel and become a totally different race whenever you wanted to, but all three of the other races you can be were all from Ocarina of Time. Both Zeldas were magnificant games, but Ocarina of Time was better

Yes, I think too, that Ocarina of Time is better. The second was not so good, because you have only 3 days (some hours) to play, and must everytime go back to the beginning. This was a bit stupid. And I never play it complete to the end. It has make no so big fun like the first game. And it was a bit harder to play. :sad:

I liked Majora's Mask better because it was so new in the way the game was played. Ocarina of Time just seemed like a 3D version of the GB and SNES versions of the game in that there were no new puzzles or items to use. It was just the same stuff except in 3D! So although I finished it, it seemed 'stale' in a weird way.

In Majora's Mask it was like that movie Groundhog Day. I've never played a game with that type of mechanic where events happen within a timeframe and you relive them again and again, but you can do whatever you want to during that time. Now THAT was new. :)

I too liked the innovation of Majora's Mask big time, but I wish it was not THE EXACT SAME GAME as Ocarina of Time. I mean, come on. How similar can you get. The 3 days thing threw me at first, but I really liked how you kind of played the game over and over inside the same large game. I also liked the masks and the transforming very much. The final sequence is MEGA hard, especially the Goron challenge, and without the "secret" final mask, I would not have been able to beat it.

I really like both, but to me Majora's Mask is better cause its Ocarina of Time with a unique gimmick.

:spidey:

This is a VERY hard call to make :? .Wow,hmmmmmmmm.I do agree with NE146 that Ocarina did feel the same but that doesn't mean it didn't kick ass.Also I do like the fat that MM was the same and very different at the same time,I heard there is an import DC game like that.

Overall I'm gonna say...uhhhhhhh well I guess it has to go to:

MM!!!!Wow that was hard. :ponder: :D :)

Myself, a total Zelda junkie, i think the first one was better because of the story, i mean in majora's mask zelda isn't even in it except for when she teaches you song of time.

Although the graphics and gameplay were better in the second. :thumbsup: :thumbsdown: :D

I enjoyed both of those games actually, ocarina of time did in infact set the tone for Majoras Mask, but isn't that what happens with all sequals? or at least for the majority of them? Anyways, It's hard to choose a favorite, but if I must, my vote goes to Ocarina of Time :thumbsup: Majora's Mask was very good, but Ocarina of Time gave me that "fix" of Zelda that's I'd been yearning for for ssooooo long; therefore, scores bonus points with me.

Dave :thumbsup:

In all honesty I didn't care for either one, but if I had to choose I'd go with OoT. I have MM and never even played it that is how little I cared for the sencond one. I could never get comfortable playing it, maybe I am biased but the set up for controlls and stuff on the N64 controller were terrible (the N64 controller gets my vote for worst controller of all time) so I was a loyal Zelda player untill the N64 versions ruined it for me. Sorry just my little rant.

Amen brother,

I have to agree I think Zelda hit it's peak on the SNES. I think there were a few other games that peaked on the SNES prime example being Metroid. I loved Super Metroid, and was gonna buy a 'cube just for Metroid Prime but once I saw that they turned it into a glorified FPS. You couldn't give me a cube now. Nintendo is killing what was once a great name in gaming. I used to swear by Nintendo but ever since the N64 I've been finding it toughter and tougher to stick with them. :sad: :( :|

Just wait. Metroid Prime is going to be incredible. I hate FPS, but this one is going to be mega good. ALL of the early playtests are coming back positive, even from nay-sayers who thought the FPS nature was abhorrent. I too thought it would kill Metroid, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Play it in Toys R Us, first, you know it will be in the display.

I'm not asking you to like it, just try it.

I thought 3d Zelda was incredible.

Stan Jr.

I have no problkem trying the game, my roomie wants a cube so I'll end up renting once the cube arrives but i think that it will have killer graphics and everything else that newer gamers care about frames per sec and all the other Stuff, but to me making it a FPS just kinda killed it. I dunno it just seems like they are trying to use the Metroid name to sell a game. I dunno what else to say I'm not knocking the cube and it's ability to make a kill app, but I'm ust more "hurt" by ruining a semi-classic title. just my lil rant. Take it, Leave it or Delete it?

Z28in82