IGNORED

JAGUAR HSC - January - Raiden - Ultra Luigi_4,866,300

doctorclu

I was playing Raiden tonight, slowly getting better, but no where near as good as I used to be. But anyway, I was making a comback; after initial success on the first couple levels with full fire-power built up I had a series of half-done power-up tragedies, then finally made it back to full power on my last ship, last continue. And for the first time I can remember, the game crashes, the screen just went black. It was never going to be a contending score, but it freaked me out and was disappointing after just getting full fire-power again. :|

Well, looks like we just got a forum set up just for Jaguar gaming. I want to thank all of you and your interests in making this possible. Now let's fill it full of great gaming and experiences! :D

200,890 is my new score. I'm more amazed I got a picture of the score before the screen changed.

Some of the advice given here has really helped my score. Like not bombing so much, even the bosses.

I kinda wished I had kept the rule at "non-rapid fire controllers" instead of "Standard controllers", because even without the rapid fire, an arcade stick would be nice about now.

But I guess a rule's a rule.

How's everyone else holding up?

post-4709-1201236631_thumb.jpg

Edited by doctorclu

Great, let's the fun begin :twisted:

Indeed! :)

Well, just updated the score sheet and the scores are looking great. While 2 million might be hard for a lot of us to reach, don't forget there is are good points to be had at 2nd and 3rd place as well.

Is it too late to get in on this? If not then my high score is 280,370. I know you had a spreadsheet or something with all the participants on it. If it ain't too much trouble could you add me. Muchas gracias.

Just barely squeaked in on this. :D

Two hours left on this competition.

mmmh is the day February 1 included ? because I wanted to to a better score today :)

Give it your best shot.

Open till midnight tonight for a chance at the 1st, 2nd, 3rd positions.

After that time, you can only play the game for 1 point (if you had not played it already)

Ok, all scores added and this contest is over, but the thread remains open for those that missed it (see opening message). And you can use RAPID FIRE CONTROLLERS from here on out.

See if we can beat that 2 million score now!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[Gunstar originally posted his correction to the scoreboard. I accidentally edited that message when I tried to reply, apologies Gunstar, still getting used to the moderator options, not done on purpose. Your original picture showing your score is still attached at least.] - Doctor Clu

post-149-1204839785_thumb.jpg

Edited by doctorclu

• 7 months later...

This game is frustratingly hard for someone who hasn't mastered it yet! I realize some of you have played this since back in the day at the arcades etc. Or countless months or even years on the Jag and you are a master. BUT for the rest of us... SHEESH this game is damn hard... After I got 321,540 on 2 credits yesterday, I thought I'd have no problem topping that today. Well I've just tried for the 5th time or so and didn't even crack 250,000!!! Still it is a fun game, but playing on only 2 credits for us mere mortals takes a lot of fun out of it. For those who are average at this game, you will only last 15-20 minutes on 2 credits...

I'm going to stick with the game though. I remember when I original owned this awhile back, I got pretty far. I just recently got the game again and have been only playing on 2 credits... Too hard for me!!! Anyway, it really is a great game, it's just very difficult. :) If I had to rate it, I'd give it an 80% or a grade of "B".

(1-10) 1 being BAD ~ 10 being AWESOME

Graphics - 7 ~ Nice animation & colors yet it's quite basic looking. Good but not spectacular.

Music & FX - 6 ~ Music is repetitive but fits the game well. The sound fx are just ok.

Story - 3 ~ Is there even a story?! The game seems focused on gameplay, which is good.

Control - 7 ~ Controls are responsive. Your jet moves rather slowly however.

Play Mechanics - 5 ~ I do not like that you have to repeatedly mash the fire button...

Learning Curve - 5 ~ The game is HARD! It will have you cursing, I guarantee it! ;)

Replayability - 8 ~ The difficulty can piss you off, and make you want to come back for more!

Game Length - 6 ~ Average for a shooter. Beat the game & you play at a harder difficulty!

Fun Factor - 8 ~ Complaints aside, this game is lots of fun and a great challenge.

Overall - 8 ~ So ya, this is one of the better Jaguar games. GET IT! Just warn those you live with about the cursing! ;) Because it will happen! LOL...

Edited by kevincal

Aw man. I feel kinda stupid now. :) I reset the memory on my Raiden cart because the guy who had the game before had the high score table filled with scores in the millions. I figured I'd never get close to his scores... HA! I just beat the game for the first time, and had about 4 credits left over! I started with 8 credits... Anyway, I think I finished the game with something like 500,000 points and I had NO idea the MASSIVE amounts of extra points they give you at the end of the game!!! I got well over 500,000 extra points for beating the game!! :o So then, my score was well over a million and they started me over to the beginning of the game like I knew the game did. :D I managed to get all the way to the 4th stage and finally got game over with 1,797,430 2-4. So that was pretty awesome.

Aw man. I feel kinda stupid now. :) I reset the memory on my Raiden cart because the guy who had the game before had the high score table filled with scores in the millions. I figured I'd never get close to his scores... HA! I just beat the game for the first time, and had about 4 credits left over! I started with 8 credits... Anyway, I think I finished the game with something like 500,000 points and I had NO idea the MASSIVE amounts of extra points they give you at the end of the game!!! I got well over 500,000 extra points for beating the game!! :o So then, my score was well over a million and they started me over to the beginning of the game like I knew the game did. :D I managed to get all the way to the 4th stage and finally got game over with 1,797,430 2-4. So that was pretty awesome.

Nice score!! So that is the trick... just get through the game to the end and double your score. Ok... will keep that in mind.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...