IGNORED

*Resolved* Scumbag gives everyone negative feedbacks on eBay

LS650

In the eBay auction 180176135304, I paid for an item. I used PayPal and paid very promptly (within one day). Once I received the item I left a positive feedback.

On Thursday, several weeks after the auction ended, I received a negative feedback - the seller is claiming I never made payment, when the auction page itself clearly shows I did make payment with PayPal!

When I then looked at the seller's feedback, I can see that he is leaving negatives for dozens of users who claim that they did deliver items or paid. He is ruining the reputations of many eBay customers.

I had 100% perfect feedback. This seller is making me look bad without any justification!

It looks like he sold a bunch of auctions, took the money and bolted. Bad enough - but as he bolted he took the extra step of leaving a negative feedback for all of his victims!

There is a special place in Hell for this piece of filth.

I've filed a complaint with eBay, reporting the above, but I'm not optimistic, eBay tends not to be very receptive with this sort of complaint.

Edited by ls650

Ebay feedback is worthless for the most part! You just really never know.

That's the truth - I actually sold my last car on Ebay, and it was a nightmare. One guy who won didn't contact me after winning, didn't respond to email, obviously didn't pay, then left me a negative saying the car was totally different than I had described it. He'd never even seen it! It was like I was in the twilight zone, like he was talking about some totally other auction and mixing them up. Wouldn't explain why he didn't respond to my emails, though.

Pissed me off because it made it a lot harder to sell the car in the relisting. I complained to ebay, I left a feedback response, but beyond that there wasn't much I could do. I'm pretty sure that feedback is still on my account.

When the new policy of automatically removing bad feedback from NARUed users kicks in, this kind of crap will cease to be an issue.

I hope so.

This POs me. I wrote eBay around 7 AM on Saturday about this, and received an automated response saying "We understand the need to get your question answered quickly,and in most circumstances we do so within 24 to 36 hours. However, there may be times when it will take up to 72 hours for you to receive response. To speed up the process, we ask that you do not send in multiple messages about the same issue."

It's been about 84 hours now with no response.

When the new policy of automatically removing bad feedback from NARUed users kicks in, this kind of crap will cease to be an issue.

I hope so.

This POs me. I wrote eBay around 7 AM on Saturday about this, and received an automated response saying "We understand the need to get your question answered quickly,and in most circumstances we do so within 24 to 36 hours. However, there may be times when it will take up to 72 hours for you to receive response. To speed up the process, we ask that you do not send in multiple messages about the same issue."

It's been about 84 hours now with no response.

It will most likely take 6 or 7 days.

So, here is eBay's response. Tell me what you think of this:

--------------------------------

Dear LS650

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to the feedback that you received from "m.boy37". I apologize for the delay of the response due to the large volume of emails we are receiving and for the inconvenience it has caused you.

On occasion, members will receive Feedback that they believe is inaccurate, untruthful, false, or just plain unfair. If you trade long enough on eBay, you will likely come across someone who can't be pleased or who leaves you Feedback that you believe is unjust. We understand that this situation can be upsetting.

Unfortunately, Feedback cannot be "erased" and the feedback you have given and received is "permanent" that is why we encourage members to leave fair and factual comments based on how they rate their experience with their trading partner.

In some cases, we can remove Feedback, but only if the comment meets the requirements for removal under our Feedback Abuse, Withdrawal & Removal policy. I have thoroughly reviewed your account for the possibility that the member could have posted a comment that violates our Feedback policy and determined that it doesn't meet the removal requirement as outlined in the policy.

To learn more about the eBay Feedback Abuse, Withdrawal & Removal policy and the requirements for removal, go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedba...withdrawal.html

This may be the case, there are other options you can take so that the negative rating would not hurt your Feedback score. If your trading partner is no longer a registered user, you may still enter mediation through SquareTrade, which is an independent, third-party dispute resolution service available to eBay members. SquareTrade offers a free web-based forum where users can attempt to resolve their differences on their own. If necessary, SquareTrade also offers the services of a

professional mediator for a fee.

If you can come to a agreement with the other member with the assistanceof a SquareTrade mediator, and eBay receives a copy of the agreement directly from SquareTrade, we are able to withdraw either or both comments, depending upon the member's agreement. If you would like, you can contact SquareTrade at:

http://www.squaretrade.com/spl/jsp/eby/eb_...place_name=ebay

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing eBay.

Sincerely,

Shirley

eBay Customer Support

-----------------------------

Edited by ls650

That's the typical "we see nothing wrong" comment from them. I have had this exact same email forwarded to me by others before. You will get NOTHING done by working through them via email. You will have to call them directly to have any hope of getting this feedback removed. I know someone who had to call them 23 times before he was able to talk someone into removing it.

..Al

--------------------------------

Dear LS650

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to the feedback that you received from "m.boy37". I apologize for the delay of the response due to the large volume of emails we are receiving and for the inconvenience it has caused you.

On occasion, members will receive Feedback that they believe is inaccurate, untruthful, false, or just plain unfair. If you trade long enough on eBay, you will likely come across someone who can't be pleased or who leaves you Feedback that you believe is unjust. We understand that this situation can be upsetting.

Unfortunately, Feedback cannot be "erased" and the feedback you have given and received is "permanent" that is why we encourage members to leave fair and factual comments based on how they rate their experience with their trading partner.

In some cases, we can remove Feedback, but only if the comment meets the requirements for removal under our Feedback Abuse, Withdrawal & Removal policy. I have thoroughly reviewed your account for the possibility that the member could have posted a comment that violates our Feedback policy and determined that it doesn't meet the removal requirement as outlined in the policy.

To learn more about the eBay Feedback Abuse, Withdrawal & Removal policy and the requirements for removal, go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedba...withdrawal.html

This may be the case, there are other options you can take so that the negative rating would not hurt your Feedback score. If your trading partner is no longer a registered user, you may still enter mediation through SquareTrade, which is an independent, third-party dispute resolution service available to eBay members. SquareTrade offers a free web-based forum where users can attempt to resolve their differences on their own. If necessary, SquareTrade also offers the services of a

professional mediator for a fee.

If you can come to a agreement with the other member with the assistanceof a SquareTrade mediator, and eBay receives a copy of the agreement directly from SquareTrade, we are able to withdraw either or both comments, depending upon the member's agreement. If you would like, you can contact SquareTrade at:

http://www.squaretrade.com/spl/jsp/eby/eb_...place_name=ebay

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing eBay.

Sincerely,

Shirley

eBay Customer Support

-----------------------------

Just call ebay.........it may take a few days but u will get more done by calling. I remember when a customer back out of a purchase and i left them a neutral feedback ........he retaliated by opening 2 more accounts and buying my highest priced items and left really bad negative feedback minutes after he purchased them without even paying. I had to get all the info from each of his accounts fwd it to them........after 3 days i didn't get much more than u did so i called them and after about 2 more days the buyer's 3 accounts were NARU and the feedback was removed from every account. Think of getting 3 countable negatives from the same person..........boy i was fit to be tied that week. So thats why i am so harsh when i hear Jetset bitching about skanky sellers waiting to leave feedback.

Alright, now I'm pissed off. I checked out this 'Squaretrade' business.

They want $29.95 to 'mediate' a review of the case! What a scam!

-----------

Your credit card is not charged now. We first contact the other party and if they refuse mediation, you are not charged at all. If they do agree to mediate, we will then charge you the $29.95 mediation fee and assign a mediator to the case. Feedback is successfully withdrawn in over 80% of cases - however withdrawal is not guaranteed and is governed by eBay rules.

Alright, now I'm pissed off. I checked out this 'Squaretrade' business.

They want $29.95 to 'mediate' a review of the case! What a scam!

-----------

Your credit card is not charged now. We first contact the other party and if they refuse mediation, you are not charged at all. If they do agree to mediate, we will then charge you the $29.95 mediation fee and assign a mediator to the case. Feedback is successfully withdrawn in over 80% of cases - however withdrawal is not guaranteed and is governed by eBay rules.

Did you call ebay yet? Call them and talk their ears off! If u do it long enough they will be happy to remove the feedback to get rid of you!

Awesome... I will call them tonight and see if I can get this fixed...

I saw the one comment that apparently comments from NARU-ers will be erased. What is the timeline for that? Maybe if it's soon, that'll happen faster than getting a positive response from eBay...